Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are you buying primers?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I see plenty of primers and even saw Winchesters for $83/k. There is no shortage but there are no bargains.

Once I get down to 20k I will start using the "no name" brands if name brand primers are still over $75/k. By then, plenty of people will have used the off brand primers and there will be more reports of which ones work well and which ones are marginal.

But I think primers prices are heading down and supplies up. I am not buying the story about the war in Ukraine sucking all the primers out of the market, but if that is indeed the case, the war will be over in a year or so.
    I'm glad to here the supply in your area is good, that is encouraging. The pricing on these is just like everything else these days, while I don't like it, what are you gonna do if you want to shoot. I guess my area hasn't seen an increase in supply, or everyone here is still hoarding.

I'm limited to hitting the LGS on the weekend because of my schedule, and there is never anything on the shelf.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    I'm glad to here the supply in your area is good, that is encouraging. The pricing on these is just like everything else these days, while I don't like it, what are you gonna do if you want to shoot. I guess my area hasn't seen an increase in supply, or everyone here is still hoarding.

I'm limited to hitting the LGS on the weekend because of my schedule, and there is never anything on the shelf.
    I have a reloading friend who lives in your state (probably just north of you) that reported buying Primers at a small town LGS. I assume you are in a large city, maybe do some calling around outside of your City/suburbs to the small town LGS's that are about an hour drive, from your location. Expect $100 per 1K or maybe a bit more.
    Good Luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    there are so many scams on the internet I would either stick with a place you can walk in with cash and walk out with primers or buy from the well known big distributors like powder valley, Grafs, mid south, midway, ballistic products or Jeff Bartlett/gibrass. but thats just me. I was completely scammed on internet once and that will never ever happen again and American reloading pulled a bait and switch on my order several years ago and I learned my lessons the hard way.

Boolit Mold
    $600 a 1000 primers in canada

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post

I have not bought primers locally for over 20 years. I buy online and in bulk. My LGS has not had primers for over two years.

I understand how people dependent on LGS’s are suffering. The lesson is to NEVER be dependent on them again.

Try and get enough people together for a group buy. Good luck.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wade View Post
    I could sell 10 bricks up there and buy a used car down here.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Primers are so tough I just stopped looking, mostly shooting my air guns and 22lr stuff off the deck. I refuse to be gouged by those fortunate enough to have access to primers and to then gouge others, all in the name of free enterprise. yes I know many feel it's ok, I just don't choose to feel that greedy. Actually having just as much fun with air guns now, and having lots of Blazer on hand to share with my neighbor who comes and shoots with me..

Boolit Master

Natchez has CCI & REM standard primers for $99/K w/ free Hazmat.
    They can keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Natchez has CCI & REM standard primers for $99/K w/ free Hazmat.
    They can keep them.
    I'd do it but like everywhere else, no large rifle/large rifle magnum.
    -Paul

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    The new reasonable price is going to be about 80.00 per thousand give or take a dollar.
    I tend to agree.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wade View Post
    I’d hate to see what loaded ammo costs in Canada.

I bought Winchester SPP at Academy in Fayetteville NC last week $7.99/100. There was no limit. Not thrilled with price but at least there was no hazmat or shipping.

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

Most stores near me are sold out.

Oddly, the Goon Show is the best price for me.

No HazMat fees nor shipping fees.

You get to look at what you are buying.

Prices range from $65.00 to $80.00 per thousand.

This is in Western Washington State.

Cheers,

Dave

If you find primers for less than $75/1000 buy a lifetime supply. We will never see them for less than that on a general scale.

I have a shop that is just under 40 miles one way from here that has had a decent supply of late. $90 per K.

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Grand Master

As bad as things have got, it's never been a matter of finding primers, it's been a matter of finding primers that weren't ridiculous in price. Unfortunately things have gone very slowly. What was once $100-$120 pack, has only come down to about $75 to $95 a pack. The only somewhat reasonable options have been Cheddite 209 primers at about $55 a thousand. Primers aren't hard to find, I seem to get email notifications almost daily. A 3 minute google search shows Target Sports USA has a number of options available. You can even get Remington #7 1/2 small rifle benchrest primers $450 for 5000 and free shipping.

There is no justification from a business sense for the price of primers to have risen so much; it is that Covid allowed this and now, Covid is falling off but manufacturers and retailers have learned many will pay their higher price no matter the cost...Supply is good you say, but demand is greedy and inpatient.

Boolit Master

I picked up some Fiochi SPP from Lohman Arms for about $65/K plus shipping!
    I got 4500, they came in 1500 bricks.
    I wanted more but I went in with a couple of friends and breaking up the 1500 bricks with 150 per sleeve would’ve been a pain.
    I found them on Ammoseek!

Boolit Buddy
    Local 3Bears store had Federal 100 and 150 for 7.59/100 limit 3 per day for most of the last year. Bitteroot Trading had CCI LPP for $90/K last time I was in Dillon. Local Murdoch's had LPP magnum for $9.50/100 with a 200 per day limit.

Miwall Corp. has them available, for the entirely reasonable price of $180/1000.
    -Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast