MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are you buying primers?

Boolit Master

Where are you buying primers?

I haven't seen or had access to any primers (except 209 series) in what seems like forever.
    The last time I was able to walk into my LGS and buy SPP / LPP was in mid 2017, since then apparently "the right place / right time has been" opportunities have not presented themselves to me.

So is GB the only place to find primers now?

What say you all???

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Use Ammoseek to find venders.

Boolit Master

I hit shows.. If I find them 9c@ or under I usually grab some.

Sportsmans warehouse has been pretty good at keeping cheddite 209's in stock..though limit you to a couple trays a day.

Boolit Grand Master

Graf and Son just sent an email that they have primers in stock.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

I just lucked out with Cabela's on CCI 200's months ago, and forget where I got the Rem 9 1/2 LRM's. Both were gone within minutes, and I've seen nothing but small rifle/small pistol since, if anything at all. Well, outside of Outdoor Limited but not paying $140 + shipping for a brick. Not a fan of such practices on the face of it. Good amount of the Rem mag primers left (so far, only use it in my 338 WM), but getting down on the CCI's as I use them in several rifles.
    Last edited by huntinlever; 04-15-2023 at 04:35 PM.
    -Paul

Boolit Master

Thanks for the tips, hopefully I can get some at a reasonable price.
    I guess when I chose to stock pile supplies I didn't think the situation would last this long. I still have plenty of powder but nothing to ignite it with.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    Thanks for the tips, hopefully I can get some at a reasonable price.
    I guess when I chose to stock pile supplies I didn't think the situation would last this long. I still have plenty of powder but nothing to ignite it with.

The new reasonable price is going to be about 80.00 per thousand give or take a dollar.

Boolit Buddy
    Not a great way, but a way. Join any local gun/outdoor forums that have for sale sub forums and look at the for sale areas at least twice per day. Be sure and look before 4pm when people start getting home from work before they’ve started up their home computers. Primers are sporadically listed from estates or people getting out of reloading. I’ve gotten primers that way the last few years at less than LGS or Internet prices. If the price is too high for you, simply do not buy. If the price is right, JUMP on it right now! Offer to buy in bulk…the worst can happen is No, but don’t lowball.

If you say “I’ll take it.” Be a person of your word…don’t get bad feedback.

Boolit Mold
    I bought small pistol primers at an Academy in Yukon, Oklahoma yesterday for $7.99/100. There was no limit but I only bought 5 so as to not hoard them. If they have them the next time I go I will probably buy that many more. Best price I have seen in a while.

Got a thousand Remington small pistol at Buds today. They had several bricks of Remington, CCI and Federal of different types.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I have gotten small pistol primers from powder valley

Boolit Master
    do like bunches but face book market place and craigs list 2x a day
    sell off what i dont need and keep what i do
    current $$$ for me to load a box of 12 gauge now $ 0

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Local Academy( Lake Charles, Louisiana) had WSP for $7.99 a hundred yesterday.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    You just have to watch the sales. I have bought on GB, but not at a very good price. But I had a firearm in mind that I would not be able to load for otherwise, and the resulting ammo was still lower price than factory.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Buddy
    Local gun store had pallets, literally PALLETS of CCI 500 primers for $ 90 per K. No breaks for quantity and no limits. I left them right there. I have enough to get me through a few seasons. I go through about 20K of CCI's per year. Price needs to come down a bit before I reach for my wallet. They had no Federals (revolver use).

Boolit Buddy
    American Reloading does deals on 2000 or 5000 packs. As someone who started reloading during the shortages of the past several years, I've learned that if I really need primers, do a "group buy" of the 5000 packs with others in the same boat. That has the potential to bring the cost of LRP and LPP below ten cents. That's the best a guy can expect right now.

Boolit Master
    The only "primer" purchase I have made since Biden won the election was primer reloading stuff. I spent less than $250 and have loaded probably more than 20K. My EPH-20 is working right at 100% in my favorite guns. I put a lot of time into it. This is not a big deal as I am retired and with Covid life has been a lot more "stay at home" than I expected.

Boolit Grand Master

I actively look. I look on gun boards, several of them. I look in local shops and online shops. I look every day. And when I find some, I don’t hesitate. I contact the seller or I go straight to the store and I buy. It may be months between hits and it can be tedious putting in the effort. But that is what it takes to keep shooting.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master
    I see plenty of primers and even saw Winchesters for $83/k. There is no shortage but there are no bargains.

Once I get down to 20k I will start using the "no name" brands if name brand primers are still over $75/k. By then, plenty of people will have used the off brand primers and there will be more reports of which ones work well and which ones are marginal.

But I think primers prices are heading down and supplies up. I am not buying the story about the war in Ukraine sucking all the primers out of the market, but if that is indeed the case, the war will be over in a year or so.
    Don Verna

Have to sign up for more spam...lol

SPP todays deal :
    https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/prod...tm_content=SAS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast