WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Show us your S&W Model 15s and 67s

I also wish we could rename threads and change this one to "Show us your S&W Model 15s and 67s".

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    I also wish we could rename threads and change this one to "Show us your S&W Model 15s and 67s".
    We can.

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    We can.

Rob
    Thank you Rob!

Cast Boolits Owner

You are welcome! This is a great thread BTW…

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Dammit, that’s about are about the only K-frame I don’t have a copy of. I’ll have to fix that.

My brother lives in Flower Mound.

I’m in Benbrook, and it’s getting too crowded for me. If I weren’t near retirement, or could persuade the wife to downsize (ha!), I’d be outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Dammit, that’s about are about the only K-frame I don’t have a copy of. I’ll have to fix that.

My brother lives in Flower Mound.

I’m in Benbrook, and it’s getting too crowded for me. If I weren’t near retirement, or could persuade the wife to downsize (ha!), I’d be outta here.
    I didn't know how fond I am of my Model 15 until I started this thread. I have now added a second. I also never thought at all about the Model 67, but now I'm looking for one of those as well. I should have bought one back in the day when they were cheap, but that train left the station a long time ago.

I've always thought of myself as a .44 and .45 guy, but lately I've found a new love for .38s and .357s.

And you're right, it is much too crowded around here. As soon as my son is out of high school in a few years, I'm going to try to escape.

Here's one of mine, Tx...this M-67-1 has the Louisville KY Police shield on the left side...with a butter smooth DA trigger and Smith's usual superb SA, it's one of my favorites. I especially like the 'pencil' bbl. as opposed to the heavy one on my M-66. The grips, BTW, are Altamont's version of Roper Targets done in walnut. For moderate loads, I find they're very comfortable. I found this one in excellent condition in a small town pawn shop for $600 six months ago.

One of two "Best loads" to date is Lyman's 358091 WC, cast from ACWW's and sized to 0.358" with 3.5 gr of Bullseye. If I'm having a good 'eyes' day, it'll do less than 2" at 25 yds from a rested position. I've chrono'd this combination at 744 fps.

The other is Lyman's SWC 358156 GC, but without the GC, which does equally well with 4.0 gr of Bullseye at a chrono'd 846 fps. DA, from 12 yds with a modified Weaver Stance, I've kept many a cylinder full under 3/4"...a ragged hole. This is my favored load for its accuracy, smack and ease of loading with a speed loader.
    Best regards, Rod
    Last edited by Rodfac; 05-23-2023 at 09:28 PM.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rodfac View Post
    Here's one of mine, Tx...this M-67-1 has the Louisville KY Police shield on the left side...with a butter smooth DA trigger and Smith's usual superb SA, it's one of my favorites. I especially like the 'pencil' bbl. as opposed to the heavy one on my M-66. The grips, BTW, are Altamont's version of Roper Targets done in walnut. For moderate loads, I find they're very comfortable. I found this one in excellent condition in a small town pawn shop for $600 six months ago.

One of two "Best loads" to date is Lyman's 358091 WC, cast from ACWW's and sized to 0.358" with 3.5 gr of Bullseye. If I'm having a good 'eyes' day, it'll do less than 2" at 25 yds from a rested position. I've chrono'd this combination at 744 fps.

The other is Lyman's SWC 358156 GC, but without the GC, which does equally well with 4.0 gr of Bullseye at a chrono'd 846 fps. DA, from 12 yds with a modified Weaver Stance, I've kept many a cylinder full under 3/4"...a ragged hole. This is my favored load for its accuracy, smack and ease of loading with a speed loader.
    Best regards, Rod
    That was a good find for that price! I am definitely on the hunt for a 67 now, but I suspect I won't find that nice of a deal.

I've been loading up a bunch of commercial WCs lately, cast and plated, over only 3.0gr of Bullseye. Mostly to "get rid" of them since I've also acquired several different new to me WC molds from the swap forum here.

I should definitely try stepping it up a bit. I am confident that a WC at 846 fps will solve a lot more problems that some people with magnumitis might admit!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    You are welcome! This is a great thread BTW…

Rob
    Yes it is Rob, thank you.
    No mod 15 in my safe either.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Boolit Master
    Rodfac, those Altamonts do look great on your slick little 67-1. Sorry for Louisville but glad for you.

TXTad, I’m in hearty agreement that a 38 wadcutter at about 850-900 fps is a great problem solver.

These old K-frames are as good as it gets for a revolver that can be both a tool and a toy. Sort of like the old farm dog that’s wagging with the kids in the backyard but turns to fangs when the uninvited show up.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    We definitely need a Like button on this forum!

What is your load?
    In the speed-loaders are the Saeco-Redding 028 bullets, 147 grain RN designed for the 38 Super. It is a very accurate bullet. The charge was 3.0 grains of Promo.

I finally recently joined the 67 club with a 67-1 that I didn't realize was cut for moon clips until after I "won" the GunBroker auction. I haven't gotten any yet, but I think I'll give them a try. Meanwhile, it worked fine without them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67-1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	316086

Name:	67-1-machining.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	316087

I also recently got another 15-3 that seems unfired, or nearly so, and a pretty nice no-dash 67 from the first year or two and has the stainless rear sight. No pictures yet...
    Last edited by TXTad; 07-19-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Boolit Master
    Had to come back for another look!
    Some nice revolvers, thank everyone for sharing.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Name:	P6150263.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	316372

My M67, and my M60. The M67 is my house gun and the M60 is my outdoors gun. Both fun to shoot, and the wife and daughter can handle the M67 easily.

Mike

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345