Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show us your S&W Model 15s and 67s

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    The lack of a Model 15 in my safe is disturbing.
    I agree.

Beautiful piece Tx...obviously well tended to through the years. Rod
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    The 15s are nice guns, folks tend to push them too hard, rather than buy a 19. I sold my 15s and bought 19s, which I still have. I use them for a sidearm when rifle hunting. A 162 RCBS over a stout load of H-110 and 205 M primers.
    I once had a 15 and a 19 but had to sell them to help pay through a divorce. I always shot the 19 better. I don't know why other than the 19 has the right weight and feel for me. I was able to get a 14 last year and recently found a nickel plated 19 so I'm happy again. Like before, I shoot the 19 better.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    It is a mystery why they continued using blocky and skinny stocks. But, an entire industry grew up around replacing them!

DG
    Yep. All of my S&Ws will eventually have aftermarket stocks.

I did it again...got another 15-3 from a life-long collector. This one has a 17K serial number which dates it to 1977. My other 15-3 is from closer to the end of the 15-3 production and seems to have a -4 cylinder with a gas ring. This one has has no gas ring on the cylinder, so I guess I'll find out if it really is susceptible to fouling.

It has a few handling marks, including a chip on the left stock, and came with no box, but it seems to have not been fired since it left the factory.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230518_221320001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	314214

Name:	PXL_20230518_221338891.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	314215

Name:	PXL_20230518_221506781.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	314216

Name:	PXL_20230518_221533822.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	314217

Name:	PXL_20230518_221603915.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	314218

Boolit Grand Master
    Once again this forum needs a “LIKE” button, TXTad. You got a real sweetheart there and those combat grips are “the icing on the cake!” Congratulations.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Once again this forum needs a “LIKE” button, TXTad. You got a real sweetheart there and those combat grips are “the icing on the cake!” Congratulations.
    Froggie
    Thank you Froggie!

Sadly, no factory S&W grip works all that well for me. I love the classic looks, but not the function. I have switched the other 15-3 that started this thread to VZ grips after the Hogues started to separate at the glue line. VZ grips fit me very well, as do the Hogues. I think I have a set of lamo-camo Hogues somewhere that may go on this newer (to me) 15-3.

Boolit Master
    My S&W Model 15-3 and my S&W Model 67 no-dash. The 67 has a set of Pachmayr Professional grips on it now.

Name:	model15-3 001.jpg 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	314279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&W Model 67 no dash.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	314280
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    My S&W Model 15-3 and my S&W Model 67 no-dash. The 67 has a set of Pachmayr Professional grips on it now.

Name:	model15-3 001.jpg 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	314279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S&W Model 67 no dash.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	314280
    That is a very nice pair of revolvers!

I think I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a 67. I have two 66-1s now, a 4" and a 6", so a 67 would fit right in.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    That is a very nice pair of revolvers!

I think I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a 67. I have two 66-1s now, a 4" and a 6", so a 67 would fit right in.
    I got the 67 no-dash a couple of years after I got the 15. I have thought about selling the 15, because I have found that I shoot the 67 an awful lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    I got the 67 no-dash a couple of years after I got the 15. I have thought about selling the 15, because I have found that I shoot the 67 an awful lot more.
    Any particular reason for that?

Boolit Grand Master
    Thank you Froggie!

Sadly, no factory S&W grip works all that well for me. I love the classic looks, but not the function. I have switched the other 15-3 that started this thread to VZ grips after the Hogues started to separate at the glue line. VZ grips fit me very well, as do the Hogues. I think I have a set of lamo-camo Hogues somewhere that may go on this newer (to me) 15-3.
    I thought those factory issued smooth combat grips with finger grooves were the cat’s meow, and from the prices they’re bringing, apparently others do as well. Ultimately though, I discovered the Thai grips (via eBay) that look pretty similar but also cover the back strap.
    Froggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1556.jpg  

I thought those factory issued smooth combat grips with finger grooves were the cat’s meow, and from the prices they’re bringing, apparently others do as well. Ultimately though, I discovered the Thai grips (via eBay) that look pretty similar but also cover the back strap.
    Froggie
    The caveat is that I've never had a gun with the S&W finger grooved combat grips, and with the prices as they are now, I probably never will. For my hands, I like the grips that do not cover the backstrap. There used to be a Pachmayr that didn't, but I think they no longer make that particular model. I was hoping to get a set for a model 1970s 10 that I have to keep the period look.

Boolit Master
    Any particular reason for that?
    Pure D hillbilly laziness in general. I do not worry about cleaning a Model 67 as much as I do the Model 15. A little dab of Bluemagic metal polish cream now and then is all I need for the 67, but I worry about the 15. Both shoot quite accurately with my cast boolits, and like most Smiths, over the years the triggers have honed themselves down to very nice trigger pulls.

Boolit Master
    Midway has a full selection of Pachmayr grips listed in stock. The professional model has the open backstrap, have them on my M15.

Boolit Grand Master
    The caveat is that I've never had a gun with the S&W finger grooved combat grips, and with the prices as they are now, I probably never will. For my hands, I like the grips that do not cover the backstrap. There used to be a Pachmayr that didn't, but I think they no longer make that particular model. I was hoping to get a set for a model 1970s 10 that I have to keep the period look.
    ???? The grips on the revolver in your first picture appear to be the smooth finger groove combat grips of which I spoke. Do you still have them? Do they feel right in your hand? I’m so confused!
    Froggie

Quote Originally Posted by Rich/WIS View Post
    Midway has a full selection of Pachmayr grips listed in stock. The professional model has the open backstrap, have them on my M15.
    Excellent! Thank you for that info. I'll try them out.

I saw that there was the professional model, but literally nobody has decent photos, or descriptions, of Pachmayr grips on their websites any more. I feel like there used be a standalone Pachmayr website that used to describe all the details of the grips, including the open backstrap where applicable, but now that the grips are just an afterthought on the Lyman site, there's not details and no decent photos.

???? The grips on the revolver in your first picture appear to be the smooth finger groove combat grips of which I spoke. Do you still have them? Do they feel right in your hand? I’m so confused!
    Froggie
    That is a set of Hogue finger groove stocks in cocobola.

Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    Mine.
    We definitely need a Like button on this forum!

What is your load?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast