RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine follower for Marlin lever guns - 10c plastic rubbish on a $1200 gun

Boolit Buddy
    I made one for a 44 mag rossi by soldering a 40s&w case inside a 45acp case. Check demensions ahead of time

I would just fix it however I need too. Seems to me that the original followers were steel then later brass. I would need to look at my old Marlins.
    Probably, with a lathe in my shop I would do a brass or bronze replacement, it would outlast me for sure.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion8 View Post
    It's not a gun part until it's put into a gun. A screw is a screw and it could be a part for your lathe, yoiur car, or Momma's cake mixer. These are just machine parts.
    as far as aussie customs are concerned if it comes from a place that sells gun parts its a gun part ! how do I know this?
    the only way your plan would work is ship it from the shop to a friend stateside who then re packages it with a label like this "Dear Joe here are the spare screws for your wifes sewing machine"

I had to get a permit to import empty unprimed brass - must have the original permit to accompany the package - gal at the counter (brothers were shooters) - thought the whole thing was ludicrous but was not able to sign off on it because she was not "firearms qualified" .

If you people dont get your act together and you let the left steal another election --guess what -- cant happen here -- dont bet on it!!!!!

Boolit Master

I replaced the plastic follower on a Rossi 92, but have not with the 1895!
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    I made one for a 44 mag rossi by soldering a 40s&w case inside a 45acp case. Check demensions ahead of time
    Yep. I did similar for my Rossi 357. Don’t remember which casings I used. I keep a box of brass that I don’t have guns in that caliber. I dug through the box and used a caliper to get some that were close to the original follower. Cut them to dimensions that were close to the original any used a slow set epoxy to glue the pieces together. It’s been a couple of years and no issues. I use that Rossi for CAS and was shooting in 2-4 matches per month.

Sam Sackett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12