Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello little fishies

Hello little fishies

Boolit Master
    Nice!
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

I also like the crappie magnet and trout magnet jig heads with their angled "Shad dart" design.

Most of mine get dressed with fur, feathers and a little sparkle.
    Still ice on the water up here but it is going soon.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

My best day ever fishing for trout on Slippery Rock Creek. I caught five, kept one. They were biting on anything; worms, spinner, and Power Bait.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Sounds like someone may be a Red Dwarf fan.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Man, I've GOT to take some time off and go fishing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Sounds like someone may be a Red Dwarf fan.
    That would be " I'm gonna eat you little fishy"... get it smeggin right

Quote Originally Posted by metricmonkeywrench View Post
    That would be " I'm gonna eat you little fishy"... get it smeggin right
    All righ Rimmer!
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    It’s been a long time since I have eaten crappies. I can just taste them now fried in bacon fat.

Their little flippers are crunchy like potato chips when cooked over open fire with salt and butter.

These ones are lucky to return to the creek and not my cooking pan

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Wife and I just bought about 1 acre on Toledo bend La. side.
    I'll be trading in my lead molds for lead jig-head molds.

Boolit Master
    I have caught largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass, rock bass, crappie, bluegill, green sunfish, keeper-size channel catfish, and even rainbow trout on trout magnets either slowly retrieved or just fished under a float. They're a truly remarkable lure. Most were caught on bison or blue color TMs

I caught and released another fish
    About ten minutes ago

He has a wound behind his head

Looked like he fell on some rocks or got gnawed on by a bigger fish or animal??

Then I snagged the lure to the creek bottom

Where it shall remain forevermore

I like that small bend in the creek with the large rocks behind it

I can stand on the sandy bar and cast and retrieve into the creek it's about four feet deep at the bottom of the bend.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    We all hate those snags. That’s one of plusses of ocean trolling. The bottom is usually far away. You do catch a lot of seaweed sometimes.

Anything thrown into the river eventually does not come back.

I made the mistake of trying one of my grandfathers red and white wooden top water plug. Sure enough, third cast it found a snag and its gone.
    A piece of history with sentimental value gone forever.

As a general rule I cast my own sinkers, lindy walking sinkers out of a Do-it mold. Cast out of whatever soft lead I have from range scrap to lead pipe my cost on those is pretty minimal. I buy my hooks in bulk for 2-3 cents ea.

Surgeon's loop on the end of the main line, put the loop through a 1/2 oz or 5/8ths sinker, pass the sinker through the loop.

Move up a foot to 18 inches, tie another surgeon's loop with a 3 to 5 inch loop. Same as the sinker, put loop through eye, put hook through loop. If desired you can add a small float or tube bait before the hook. North Dakota allows 2 hooks and 2 lines so often bottom hook is bigger #1 or $2 circle hook. 2nd hook will be couple feet above and will probably be a #4 with a piece of nightcrawler. If the Goldeye's are biting a pink and white small tube threaded onto the hook and up over the eye will increase bites.

Snaps, swivels, anything that cost's money that is not absolutely required is not used.

Most of my walking sinkers get 4-5 blows with a blacksmiths hammer on the vice turning them into no roll sinkers. Does not take long to fix a summers worth of sinkers.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Anything thrown into the river eventually does not come back.

I made the mistake of trying one of my grandfathers red and white wooden top water plug. Sure enough, third cast it found a snag and its gone.
    A piece of history with sentimental value gone forever.

As a general rule I cast my own sinkers, lindy walking sinkers out of a Do-it mold. Cast out of whatever soft lead I have from range scrap to lead pipe my cost on those is pretty minimal. I buy my hooks in bulk for 2-3 cents ea.

Surgeon's loop on the end of the main line, put the loop through a 1/2 oz or 5/8ths sinker, pass the sinker through the loop.

Move up a foot to 18 inches, tie another surgeon's loop with a 3 to 5 inch loop. Same as the sinker, put loop through eye, put hook through loop. If desired you can add a small float or tube bait before the hook. North Dakota allows 2 hooks and 2 lines so often bottom hook is bigger #1 or $2 circle hook. 2nd hook will be couple feet above and will probably be a #4 with a piece of nightcrawler. If the Goldeye's are biting a pink and white small tube threaded onto the hook and up over the eye will increase bites.

Snaps, swivels, anything that cost's money that is not absolutely required is not used.

Most of my walking sinkers get 4-5 blows with a blacksmiths hammer on the vice turning them into no roll sinkers. Does not take long to fix a summers worth of sinkers.
    If you want the lure back and its not too deep get a mop, Any other lures retrieved are bonus lures.

When I lived in Chico California near the Sacramento River, I used to fish for whatever was running upstream, mostly with a ten foot surf casting pole. The usual technique was to tie a three-way swivel to the main line, put a heavy sinker on a dropper attached to the bottom loop of the swivel, then another leader about eighteen inches long to the baited hook or lure. I was a starving student at the time, and so tried to economize. I was losing a lot of gear in the river, and had to come up with some cheaper alternatives. I had read in a magazine that surf fishermen had been using empty Bull Durham tobacco sacks filled with sand for fishing weights. I went home and cut up an old pair of pants, then used my wife's sewing machine to make little drawstring bags.

Next time out I went to a sandbar just outside of Yuba City. Everyone was fishing with cut sardines for striped bass. The old timers were sitting in lawn chairs with their poles across their knees. They looked like they knew what they were doing. I tied my terminal tackle together, then began filling my bag with rocks, while the seasoned fisherman watched intently. I was a bit embarrassed to use this homemade rig in from of them. Finally one of them came over and asked quite seriously if I had bought the drawstring bags somewhere, or had someone made them for me. I was proud to say I made them myself. Embarrassment was immediately relieved.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

On a sunny nice day
    I listened to the birds sing beneath the trees and fly

I hear the water run and smell the forest is alive

I continue the path and the water is singing
    With the birds the flowers the plants

The forest welcomes my feet
    The forest says hello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast