Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kibler Kits

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    They look nice. What are the prices of those kits?
    At the least yer looking at $1300 for lock, stock, and bbl. In the world of Quality traditional muzzleloaders, that's far more than a fair price.
    The .45-70 is the only government I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    Great job on the 45 SMR. I would love to have one
    Hah, I just sold the SMR. I kinda knew in advance I wouldn't like that dang crescent butt stock as they're meant for a bicep mount, not a shoulder mount. Another issue, but minor one, is the tiny super curved set trigger that even small fingers can barely fit into. But the Kibler SMR is a true-to-era design, as they were built in the very early 19th century.

I have a Woodsrunner .54 kit on order as well, and I think THAT is THE kit most folks will be able to put together blindfolded as Jim offers this as *almost* a screwdriver kinda-stick-together kit that even kids could assemble in one day. It's offered in .45, .50, and .54 calibers.

Boolit Mold
    I have a Woodsrunner on the way. 2 to 3 months wait. But after assembling a 45 SMR back in 2019, it will be a good wait. The SMR was easy. This Woodsrunner will be even easier since Mr. Kibler has done so much of the work already. Especially the underlugs and slotting them. I browned everything on my SMR, but I'm going to leave the metal as is and let it age itself on the Woodsrunner just like they did in the 1700's. I ordered my Woodsrunner in .45/100 caliber. Mr. Kibler said it is only around a 3rd of a pound or so heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherbark View Post
    I have a Woodsrunner on the way. 2 to 3 months wait. But after assembling a 45 SMR back in 2019, it will be a good wait. The SMR was easy. This Woodsrunner will be even easier since Mr. Kibler has done so much of the work already. Especially the underlugs and slotting them. I browned everything on my SMR, but I'm going to leave the metal as is and let it age itself on the Woodsrunner just like they did in the 1700's. I ordered my Woodsrunner in .45/100 caliber. Mr. Kibler said it is only around a 3rd of a pound or so heavier.
    What is ".45/100" caliber??

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    One of our club members brought his Woodsrunner to the club meeting last night, still in the box! After removing the screws holding the box closed, I think we were all amazed at what we saw. Exceptional quality, and it looks like it could be completely finished in a weekend. If Kibler expands his line of different designs, he will no doubt put some hobby builders out of business.
    I've seen some people ask him for a Hawken rifle. I bet if those people had ever hefted a true example, they would find the 11.5# weight more than they bargained for. My younger brother had one build a couple years ago, I refused to do it, and tried to make him see how heavy they are. Well he has his rifle, and regrets it now.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankJD View Post
    What is ".45/100" caliber??
    Like you don't know??? /HA HA/Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12