WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Egg Beaters Omelets

Egg Beaters Omelets

On Tuesday next, I go to an insulin injector after 45 years on pills. So started exploring the world of Egg Beaters for breakfast. Trying to make the un appetizing better.
    So far I have come up with this.
    1/2 Cup EBs
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 T spoon green bell pepper chips
    1 t spoon white onion chipped
    3 cherry tomatoes chipped
    2 turkey bacon strips chipped or chopped
    3 drops of Franks hot sauce

Cook the turkey bacon between paper towels on a paper plate, the night before, 1 minute on high. Crumble or chop during add in, prep. May need to cut back to one strip.

1 pinch of grated cheddar cheese spread on top of both side, puts a very little bit of cheese inside.

Put add ins in small bowl, EBs in a masuring cup, add the add ins slowly while stirring the EB.Pour equal parts into each side of the sprayed microwave omelet pan. Equal amounts is important in the time to cook through

Microwave in Pam sprayed open omelet pan 1 minute on high, stir, then microwave 1 minute 15 seconds, remove and then close the top onto the bottom. If you want toast prepare it when you start the omelet.

Note, this is simply trying to make something I do not care for, edible. You can cut the omelet with a spoon.

I cut up the veggies and store them in separate small screw top, refrigerator containers. I am not allowed salt or sugar, so my diet is pretty narrow.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Try sautéing the veggies in a Pam sprayed nonstick skillet until browned a little. It will add more flavor. You have to monitor the pan closely to keep the veggies moving or they will burn in spots.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Try a Keto diet. It really works, but takes a little time to get used to.

Thanks for the suggestions, my idea came from decades of wok cooking where everything is pre prepped and the veggies are cooked quickly and left a bit crunchy. Added another tomato this morning, taste was better, but needed to add 5 more seconds for the bit of added liquid.
    The rest of the menu will require more pepper sauce. May need to plant more pepper plants.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Moderator Emeritus

I would pan cook the veg then add the rest of the ingredients to the pan to finish cooking... microwave eggs BLECH

Discovered a nice touch this morning. I changed tomatoes to Italian pear tomato, three slices, finely chopped, then added a pinch of my ground Thai chilies, that was what the blah needed. One must be careful adding sun dried and ground Thai Bird Peppers, a little goes a long way, for breakfast eggs. Added to a liquid, the effect tends to grow on you. But it did get tasty. That Franks Hot sauce, is not, so just left it on the shelf.
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

Will Rogers

I've made fried egg sandwiches for years with one real egg, dropped in the hot bacon grease and stepped on. then fill with eggbeaters. Equivelent of about 2 eggs. And it tastes good. Course not much fried in bacon fat tastes bad.

I also do an egg has with Ham chunks, or sausage chunks, leftover boiled potatoes cut into 1/4" cubes and 2 or 3 baby bella mushrooms.

Fry until all is golden and crispy, then pour eggbeaters over it and mix. Cook both sides. Pretty good stuff.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Banned

no suggestions just sympathy

Moded the omlet a bit
    1/2 Cup EBs
    1 t spoon half and half
    1 T spoon chipped Green Peppers
    1 T spoon chipped white onion
    1/2 Roma tomato chipped
    a pinch of black pepper
    a pinch of salt
    1 slice of turkey bacon

Microwave bacon on high between paper towel folds 1:10
    Stir the EBs, pepper, salt and half and half well
    Mix the veggies and crumbled bacon, add to EBs mix, pour into a Pam sprayed, hinged onlet dish, half on each side. Microwave 1:10 pn high, remove and stir, put a pinch of shredded cheese of choice on top of each side, return to microwave 1:40 on high. Remove and close, set closed for one mnute.

I eliminated the hot sauce and my Thai peppers added to the eggs, found that the other part of the intake limit, only green apple snacks did not go well together!
    Cervantes

Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

Will Rogers

Boolit Master

I like egg beaters; easy to fix add want you want.

Then again I liked the food on the boat, because I wish the Jetsons pill food idea had work, would save a a lot of time and mess.

I would tell my guy's on the boat, eat because you have to and eat faster if it taste bad.