Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: HG 275 9mm/38 load data?

HG 275 9mm/38 load data?

Does anyone have published or home developed load data for the HG 275 boolit in 9mm?

Preferably with Titegroup.

I'm using a MP Molds remake and data is (understandably) nowhere to be found. I suspect I'll need to keep the COAL short and be low on capacity... I'll probably start at 2.5 grains if I can't find anything.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the NLG version of that mold from MP. Mine drop around 140. To get them to feed in my guns, I do have to load them short - like you guessed. Mine sit at a 1.025 OAL. I haven't run them with Titegroup. I have run them with 2.6gr of Ramshot Comp. for an avg 857fps and pretty good accuracy. They did better with 4.5gr of AA#5 for an avg of 910fps. The AA#5 load is right where I want to be for my local club USPSA matches, so I didn't do any more development byond that. I have a bunch of Sport Pistol, so that is the next load I am going to try to work up. Most of my testing is in a Canik TP9,

Thank you! Mine are dropping at 136 but I'm using a softer alloy.

Titegroup is a smidgen slower than Ramshot Comp. I'm going to try 2.5gr and try to work to 3.0. I'd like to move them around 950fps.

Boolit Master

I shoot a 9,sig 210,,that mp275 is stunningly accurate,2.5 tg is one of the best loads,,gun runs all day,and hardly any recoil.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    I shoot a 9,sig 210,,that mp275 is stunningly accurate,2.5 tg is one of the best loads,,gun runs all day,and hardly any recoil.
    And,,empties drop right beside ya right foot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mainiac View Post
    And,,empties drop right beside ya right foot!!!
    Thank you! May I ask what your OAL is?

Also, those of you who load this, are you having any issues with OAL and the bottom of the boolit being swaged a bit?

I'm not sure how well joebaja is doing, but I am writing off the HG275 boolit.

I need to seat these at 1.030" or else the shoulder engages the rifling. Seating this bullet this deep in a 9mm case engages the tapered section. At this point I am swaging the bullet or bulging the case, or both. Bullets are creeping out on their own due to this.

MP molds cast beautifully so I can't blame him. I know Hensley & Gibbs knew their stuff, so maybe this is a niche bullet for those pursuing the utmost 9mm accuracy. If I had a properly throated barrel this would be wonderful, but I want a easy loading bullet that will shoot in anything.

For those who read this: Titegroup at 2.5 grains and 1.030" OAL shoots beautifully in this gun with the right straight wall brass. Throat your barrel or be picky on brass and you will enjoy this. Maybe Canik's shoot this fine, S&Ws do not. I tested up to 2.8gr and it all shot smooth.

Oh well.

Boolit Buddy
    I load mine to 1.025 and iron out any bulges with the Lee FCD. I am no doubt also swaging the bottom of the bullet, but I am also running the no-lube-groove version, so there is plenty of unswaged bearing surface left. So, I am probably turning a bevel base bullet into a boattail, but it works for me. One other thing, I am running these HiTek coated. I did a small batch with HF Red powder coat and had poor results, both loading and shooting. All of those left over after the test batch went back into the pot. With both I size to .357.