Hey All
Back to visit. I been gone awhile I am on a top-break revolver kick. Of course I gotta be the village expert, and there seems half a million manufacturers of these cheap early 19 century pistols so I have been Mr. Research. I discovered a gentleman named Andrew Fyrberg, who should be better known. He was instrumental in the development of these revolvers, and provided several inventions that became famous and made a lot of money for others. He wound up with his own small company with his sons, building exclusively for Sears until eventually he sold out to them. My first attempt at putting a parts kit and a frame together involve one of his small frames, and it is going okay so far. Talk about endless variations though.

Enough on that. I built my "hard times rifle" up in 8 x 54 Krag Jorgensen and wrote it up in the hunting bullet forum not so long ago. I am getting about 1700 fps with 3031 in my Mauser twist and then it starts shooting wild. I killed a wild pig with it at about 50 yards and it performed like gangbusters. Slipped through the ribs and blew the heart into soup, then exited. Next up was deer, my wife and I drew on a couple of doe tags down toward my brother's place. We got a couple of small ones for the freezer. Different story on these little muleys the bullet shot through like a military full jacketed and both of them ran off even though they were lunged. We followed them up easy enough, but I don't like it. I read up on powder coating, and I already know I am not interested in doing it. So, if I order up Missouri's 8mm PC 205 gr. smooth bullet, do you think I can drive 'em a little faster and get them to open up better for hunting?