Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Tulsa Wanenmacher show April 1 & 2

Boolit Master

Tulsa Wanenmacher show April 1 & 2

Anyone going?

I haven’t been in 7-10 years, but I’ve been looking forward this year.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep I’m going.
    I have a funeral and then our fire dept fundraiser Saturday, but I’ll be there Sunday.
    It’s always a good time and always a deal to be found…
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Boolit Bub

I would love to be there, but just had my head drilled into and Doc says I should not drive til he pulls the staples out.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't need anything, in fact trying to clear out inventory. Only reason I'd go is to meet some of yous guys, and have a drink.

I see the Ruger guys there.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

i used to go every year, but at 78 it's really tough to walk on concrete for 6 hours straight. Still might go though.

Headed over to look for a couple of minor things could find locally, but my daughter loves to go and look too and we go by world market and then a woodworking store.... make a day of it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I won't be going. I heard about it years before attending the first time back in the early to mid 90's. I had no idea what I was getting into. Be prepared to walk, a LOT. If you spy something that interests you, note the beams in the ceiling are numbered. You may want to jot it down in order to find it again. The place is huge at 11 acres under one roof.

I went again just before the 'bad flu' shut things down. It was a decent show, but nothing like the old days. I ran into a few friends from other websites, and in general just enjoyed the show. I wasn't looking for anything
    particular, but if something found me at the right price? I would probably have brought it home.

For those of you attending, enjoy!

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Went last year but will not be back in Tulsa visiting family until the following weekend.

Boolit Master
    Haven’t been to the Spring show, but have been to several Fall shows in November. It’s so huge that it’s a statistical universe—100% chance of finding something interesting.

I go all day Saturday and Sunday, but never see the whole show. People are still setting up Saturday as I walk past, and generally there’s no time to go back (even if I can remember the location) by the time the show closes. Sunday, people are already packing up and leaving, so I miss them, too. Still, it’s an experience to ruin the gun-show junky for smaller, local shows. I always drive out of Tulsa on Monday with my mind thoroughly boggled. I’m 76, and get fatigued (read bored) very quickly if I’m “walking for exercise” or “hiking in Nature.” But I can walk gun shows till I’m sore at end of day, and am rarin’ to go again the next, regardless.

Tulsa is well set up for traffic. It’s easy for a stranger to drive around town without getting lost, parking is plentiful and free, the hotels are close and the food is good. The only negative is the 40 if it starts snowing. My Michigan winter-driving skills kick in, but it’s kind of nerve-wracking, anyway.

Boolit Grand Master
    haven't been in a few years. Always enjoyed it, however my feet have other opinions. Always could find something to bring home. Missed a 38-55 Ruger #1 by a few minutes. Went back to get a RCBS Big Max press ($100) but long gone. Long time friend has tables there. Always stop by to say "Hi"
    Maybe one day will make it back, but not likely, but really enjoyed it when I went.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe someday I'll get there.
    Last show I went to in the lower 48 was the last Great Western in (Uggg) pamona kakafonia.
    Compared to here, it was like a dream come true.
    Was so looking forward to going the next year, but kakafonia banned gunshows.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Maybe someday I'll get there.
    Last show I went to in the lower 48 was the last Great Western in (Uggg) pamona kakafonia.
    Compared to here, it was like a dream come true.
    Was so looking forward to going the next year, but kakafonia banned gunshows.
    I imagine, if you fly from the islands to California, you might as well just to through to Tulsa? Can't be that much more, can it? I'm all the way on the other coast so probably will never make it.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    California didn't ban gun shows. Los Angels County did at the fairgrounds. They were fun while they lasted.