Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Sporterized Mauser Stock

Boolit Buddy

Sporterized Mauser Stock

I thought my Turk action would just need any old large ring stock. So I ordered one off eBay. The bottom plate cut out is a bit longer then my metal.

Is there something specific I need to look for?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	052FA9B7-9A40-4FFC-BF9E-0DEA0C8C7EC6.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	312353
    My other forum, where I'm building a cabin....http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3325_0.html#msg48687

Boolit Master
    Prolly Not... appeares to have been over inletted...If the holes line up?
    Is yer Turk a K,Kale?? or Other...

BTW how does the barrelled action fit??? That looks like it may be a Springfield Inlet... BTDT Giant Pain

If it's a good fit otherwise that's probably an inletting error and the reason that it was on e-bay. Like racepres asked, do the action screw holes line up? If so, I'd just fill the gap in front of the front of the metal and go with it.

DG

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! The holes line up. And it's a K. Kale. No barrel yet, but the action is a bit tight. It will go in, but just needs a decent push. The action is a little wider then the wood. But a little inletting work isn't a huge surprise.
    My other forum, where I'm building a cabin....http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_3325_0.html#msg48687

Boolit Master
    So The handguard retainer has been removed...I have more than one K.Kale...If you run into troubles...LMK
    BTW Be Careful what barrel you attach.. Aske me how I know...Truthfully any Standard small ring barrel will tell you Volumes about what caliber you should be looking at...They do Not all feed the same...No Matter how ya Cut the thing up!!!

Boolit Master

Can’t remember which is which, but military guards are different length than commercial, i.e, Interarms Mk X and similar FN style trigger guards. One is longer than the other. Screw spacing is the same.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master
    I have had guns that the magazine fit the stock the same as yours.
    The reason is that the stock is inletted for a magazine plate that has the action screw lock screw on the forward part of the trigger guard.
    The lock screw on your action is to the rear of the action screw.
    On a couple stocks that I had that were fitting like yours.
    I used bedding compound to fill in the space around the trigger guard.
    Or you can find another magazine/ trigger guard that has that lock screw forward of the action screw.
    On one rifle.
    I actually welded a piece of steel to extend the trigger guard tab to fit the inletting in the stock.

Boolit Master
    I have a stock like that on one of my Mauser's. I made up some moon shaped pieces of walnut and inlayed them into the front and back of the bottom metal cut. Judging from the finished product I would have been just as well off if I'd filled in the gaps with epoxy mixed with sawdust. The stocks kinda ugly anyway, but the rifle is super accurate so I'm not changing it.

Boolit Master
    The stock mshown above is probably Not a Military conversion...probably originally for Non Military bottom metal..
    The Handguard retainer I am referring to is the "hood" manufactured onto the front receiver by the Turks... Must be removed for a K.Kale to go into M98 Stock inlet. The Caliber Warnings are Real also. These actions can be Fussy Feeders. ie Not a VZ-24