WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: military records

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    the man that i was refering to died a couple years ago. he was a good guy; but, i think that he "embelished" a lot of his exploits and the medals that he had.
    If the guy is dead what are you trying to prove?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master
    only trying to prove to myself that he was full of ____. you ok with that? my guess is that you never served in the military; right?
    Last edited by porthos; 03-31-2023 at 07:39 PM.

Boolit Master
    So, he had medals, citations, etc? And you knew him? Why didn't you confront him when he was alive?

Boolit Master
    only trying to prove to myself that he was full of ____. you ok with that? my guess is that you never served in the military; right?
    I only did 21 years in the USAF. Your momma and daddy should of taught you it is bad manners to insult the dead.
    East Tennessee

Banned

8 years in the service and sure wouldnt be worried about someone thats dead and told a few lies. bottom line is if he even served he did more then most even here. then is there anyone hear that can say they never lied or embellished something. A famous man i respect more then anyone once said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" i doubt you will get much support from the vets here and none from any real Christian

Boolit Master
    ok, i've had enough. tried to navigate the records center and gave it up.

Boolit Master
    Trying to smear a dead Vet! Just as well you give up! And yes I served and no, I do not wear my uniform nor go around claiming anything. Most people do not even know I was in. I did what I had to do, I am not proud of it. I was treated like crap when I came home and forgotten by the world later. And now I see someone wanting to smear a guy who went through the same thing for telling a few lies? As was said above, you will get no support from VN Vets for sure and no respect either. Welcome to our homecoming parade!

Boolit Master

I know several VN vets and we talk among ourselves about things and no we don't like people who belittle our service. We did what was asked of us only to have our own country bad mouth us. To all veterans from all our wars, Welcome home and may life go back to normal for you.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    i was not trying to smear anyone!!!. if he did what he said; good for him. if he didn't, what he said, is called "stolen valor" and is illegal. like i said i gave up. so, how about you guys let it go too!!

Boolit Master
    Post #6, would these VFW members be the same ones that in 1972 were telling VN Vets that VN was NOT a real war and made us very unwelcome at the VFW? I have never set foot in a VFW since 1972. I have heard that from Vets from all over the country.

Boolit Master
    the man that i was refering to died a couple years ago. he was a good guy; but, i think that he "embelished" a lot of his exploits and the medals that he had.
    jealousy can be a ugly thing...

Boolit Master
    agreed; but i have nothing to be jealous about. that is a very stupid statement. i was just trying to find information to verify my suspecions. i belive he was guilty of "stolen valor" that is a crime. i care about that. but, it looks like you guys don't care.

Boolit Master
    I think there is a big difference between smearing someone who is dead and finding the truth whatever it may be.

Boolit Master
    What are you going to do? Dig him up and drag his corpse into court? Make his family go through through hell because you are trying to prove a point? If you wanted to do it you should have had the balls to confront him while he was alive.

I think you will find that stolen valor is when someone is out in public wearing a uniform and parading citations that were not earned. Not someone sitting in a bar bragging about it. Have you ever heard of PTSD? Do you have it? Do you know what it does to a mans head? Keep in mind that we were never treated for PTSD, ever. Let our brother rest in peace. Whatever he said or claimed died with him.

Boolit Master
    i don't like liars (IF he did so) you guys really don't care do you? can't we end this now and agree to disagree.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I think there is a big difference between smearing someone who is dead and finding the truth whatever it may be.
    its obvious you have zero proof but you come on here with many vets who are ashamed of what you are doing.When you get challanged for being a crybaby you then want to shut it down.Its really disgusting what you are doing to be honest.I know for a fact that you have lied in your life so that makes you a LIAR as well.Leave the man alone and grow up.You wont find any help here.im a vet and this makes me sick and makes me wonder if YOU ever served anywhere.

Boolit Grand Master

is it possible to find the military record from the viet nam war. i know someone that i belive is guilty of "stolen valor" ??
    This is the OPs first post. I see nothing wrong with the inquiry, no "cry baby" or any insulting of the dead. Like the OP says, if the guy was legit then good on him. If the guy wasn't the finding then truth serves all real veterans. As far as I'm concerned, all imposters should be called out alive or dead. Conversely all real servicemen should be honored. I served 42 years in the Army and dealt with numerous phony wannabe's on active duty and in the USAR and NG. They need to be exposed for what they are. There are numerous veteran groups that specifically expose the phonies. I have been 'checked out" by several former forum members here trying to discredit me. Didn't bother me because I've done everything I've claimed to have done and that's what they found out.

You all should remember that officially there were 2.7 +/- service men and woman who served in the Viet Nam War. According to the 2020 census there are 13 million + left.....go figure..... We also see a lot of phonies from the Korean War, Granada, the Gulf War and now the Global War on Terror. Even among those who have served the ones claiming to be "special ops", SEALs and Force Recon Marines are far exceeding the actual number of those who were.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    This kind of thing doesnt worry me ...what I dont like is the women who screamed and spat and threw stuff are now at the top in politics,or have been in the past 20 years.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughty View Post
    Getting your military records is one thing; getting someone else's records is another.
    I lost my original, but after asking some details, the government sent me another one. I doubt it would be possible to get someone else’s, unless you knew a lot about them and their service and impersonated them.

Boolit Master
    I think not confronting the man to his face shows while he was alive shows who the coward more than likely might be....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast