Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Foto Lyman 266673

Boolit Master

Foto Lyman 266673

Lyman 266673. What's not to like? Everybody (universally) says they get excellent accuracy with this boolit. Nobody complains. Tall and slim if it had blond hair and blue eyes I'd have a date saturday night! Mine drop weighing 153.9 grs. In my most accurate m/38 Gustaf it does not even touch the rifling when chambered.

Given the feedback of this boolit I'd suggest if you're on the fence about which mold to buy for 6.5x55 then jump on this one. Drops at .266". I put it through a .266" die to lube and seat gas check. White Label BAC.

That's a nice looking boolit. My 6.5 Jap does not like heavy-for-caliber boolits, and prefers a weight close to that of service ammo; 140 gr AFAIK. A while ago I acquired a single cavity 266469 mold that does well for me.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    I haven't had the chance to stretch it out to 100 yards yet, but with 14.0 grains of 2400 it will shoot 3/4" groups at 50 yds all day long. I was only visually sorting these bullets, and haven't weight sorted them yet, so there's even more accuracy potential. With some more load development, and if the stars align, this summer I might even be using this load as a cast bullet varmint round.

P.S. I'd still be in the dark, and wondering why I couldn't keep the 6.5x55 on a pie plate, if it hadn't been for the guidance from Dutchman and Larry Gibson posted on this site.