Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: 38-55 bullets for Cimarron High Wall

38-55 bullets for Cimarron High Wall

Willing to barter, beg, borrow or steal some 38-55 bullets for a friend I've made an online friendship with through relaoding forum. Our friendship started with me messaging him offering to sell him some 180gr bullets for his 357 max. (I didn't even own the mold yet...)

Turned into trading bullets for holsters he makes.
    (Turns out he's got more revolvers than I do all my guns combined! Lol)

I owe him a fair amount now since he sent me 3 more holsters this winter. And I've bought two molds for calibers I don't even shoot. (yet...), to cast for him. We're all good there and he's not going to be shooting anytime all that soon except for this gun. So this isn't a plea to bail me out.... He knows I'm good for it and will be getting a pile of 454s and 32s to keep his 6 guns happy before spring really hits.

Whelp now he's bought a 38-55 Cimarron High Wall and sent it to his gunsmith for a dovetail to mount a crazy looking Malcom 6x scope on this monster and asked the smith to slug the barrel since he's not set up to do it himself and he doesn't cast. (Hence the trades of bullets for holsters).

The smith just called him today and it slugs 0.381..

and the cast bullets he bought are .376....

I've been looking for a mold high and low that wouldn't break my bank so I could cast for him and haven't had much luck.

Any kind souls out there with a mold casting big enough willing to sell, or trade me 50 or 100 bullets so I can get him running and shooting this gun? (he had issues with Win brass, and then starline opened up backorders for the 38-55 'long' but he brought it to the smith right after so he hasn't even shot it yet...)

True sob story I know, but if it moved you, comment or message and see if I've got anything you'd want, or how much you'd want to get me a double handful of bullets.

I'm interested in a mold too if anyone is selling.
    Last edited by hades; 03-27-2023 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Grammer...

Boolit Master

I think I have an old Lee 375 bullet mould hanging around. Let me check. If I do it’s yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    I think I have an old Lee 375 bullet mould hanging around. Let me check. If I do it’s yours.
    I would accept with a gracious smile. Let me know if you find it and how much you'd want.

Boolit Grand Master
    Perhaps if the .376's were powder coated they might approach his .381 bore diameter. I'm not a dedicated powder coater, so my experience is limited, but perhaps somebody else will chime in with better advice.

Boolit Master
    Too bad so Large...I have a bag of 265gr gaschecked and lubed, that are only .378...Trading Material...

If it was a few thousandths I'd probably add powder coat again, they are powder coated, but 5-6 thousandths seems like alot.

I appreciate the offer Racepress, but I just feel that's to small and they're going to shoot like .....

7. 03-28-2023, 10:21 AM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

8. 03-28-2023, 10:33 AM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

9. 03-28-2023, 10:50 AM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

10. 03-28-2023, 11:31 AM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

11. 03-28-2023, 03:40 PM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

12. 03-28-2023, 04:19 PM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

13. 03-28-2023, 06:57 PM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

14. 03-28-2023, 07:33 PM
    Reason
    Not a Discussion Thread

Boolit Buddy

PM sent
    Last edited by dagunnut; 03-29-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have some commercial bullets that are .379 that I would like to sell, but they are about $25.00 per 50 and shipping would be extra. Buffalo Arms has some .380 dia. #380275 that are 275 gr. and $30.09 per 50. Neither deal is great.

I do appreciate the offer Jed but for that price I think he can buy his own lol

I cast my own 38-55 bullets & size them to . 380. I cab produce a .381 dia bullet. Problem is right now it's to cold for me to do any casting. All the bullets I have cast are PCed & sized .380. Could be some time before I can cast again.

Thanks for the offer Dom. PM sent

Close this thread please, I've got enough offers and will get my buddy sorted out through at least one of them.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by hades; 04-12-2023 at 05:01 PM.