Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: just curious

just curious

why are knives especially black powder related ones are excluded from selling in the S+S ?
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I've wondered the same thing in times past.

What about a Remington or Winchester knife? Not that I'd be selling either one. I know Ruger has knives marked with their name, CRKT I think makes them. There is a particular one I want, though I cant remember the model number number.

Here's the scoop: Knives are a door that the Forum's Owner does not wish to open. The reason is that if you allow the types of knife you are desiring to sell, you will soon see ads offering other types of knives varying from Bowies to Chinese-made pocket knives. We will be in the position of constantly having to make a determination if an offering is shooting related or not, and will soon resemble e-bay or the Cutlery Show on TV. The main thrust of this Forum is casting, reloading, shooting the results of casting and reloading, and therefore guns. Because guns are allowed closely related accessories like scopes and slings, recoil pads, etc. are permitted to be sold, but knives are not gun related other than bayonets, which are allowed to be sold as they are a military rifle accessory. And there you have it.

DG

Wondered that too, had looked at the rules from my limited look did not see spacific language about knives but probably overlooked it. I sure don’t want to post something I shouldn’t

Boolit Grand Master

The worse that will happen for a error is a warning.
    I have been here a while and received a few "alarms" over the years.
    But hacking, slashing, stabbing and fine cutting of patches with straight razors gets alluded to down in the front stuffer zone.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

It could be that knives are forged and not cast and most are not gun related. I would not come here to buy a knife or order a pizza. There are too many non related post already. I dislike have 475 unread post (100 unrelated) and (100 more just keep circling around since 2005) every time I log in.

muzzle loader patch knives, hunting knifes, - fwiw not all knives are forged- cast steel, stock removal, stamping, + etc.
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

The limits on items posted on S&S is to prevent it from turning into what we see at gun shows: Tables full of flea market trash.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys
    Exploring the world of Remington or Winchester knives is a great idea. Ruger and CRKT indeed produce quality blades. If you recall the model number you're eyeing, feel free to share.

Boolit Mold
    Cannot beat a Remington. Been doing right by me for 25+ Years now. Will never go back to Winchester to be honest.

Boolit Master
    I like old tractors and muscle cars from the 1960's but they have no place cluttering up this site. I say keep it just like it is.