Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turret presses??

Frosted Boolits

As stated above there is no real reason to “tighten” it up. They were designed to have some play so they can index freely and easily. It’s all about repeatability… and taking most all the play out of a turret press Will not make more accurate ammo, it will just wear the press out faster and be harder to index.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    You need to find the sweet spot where it is tight, but not too tight. My original Lyman from the eighties is still my go to press. I have a Rockchucker for sizing boolits, but that’s about the only thing I use it for.

Boolit Mold
    Hi guys. New member first post. Sorry, I saw the title and thought I would start here and ask an off topic question. I have a Hollywood 12 station universal turret press I love, but I got it with the priming arm assembly missing. Where should I go asking questions? Sorry for this being off topic.

Regards

Simon M. L. Ecy.
    S.M.L.E.

The Lyman T-Mag II was being compared to the Redding press. The T-Mag had perceived play in the turret. I think the play was accommodated in the design, and was not an issue in resizing, given that the shell holder and bullet case were not without play, either. But to compete with the Redding turret press, Lyman added two extra holes and took out the play in the turret in their new 8-holer. Either press is good. Very good. I am using a T-Mag II that I bought at discount when the new version was released, and have no problems with it. But I only use it for pistol. If someone gave me another press to replace it, I would worry about the number of holes drilled in my bench more than the ammo.

Boolit Bub
    I love my T-7 - it's a quality tool that enables repeatable accurate loads.

Boolit Bub
    Update on my T7 - I installed Creedmoor Sport's T7 upgrade kit: https://www.creedmoorsports.com/prod...r_sports_brand.

Huge difference and made a great turret press even better.

Boolit Buddy
    hi guys, i started this thread & i thought i`d give an update. after careful consideration and review, i purchased the Lyman 8 turret.
    i read several reviews here and other places from users of this press vs. the same for the T-7. I decided price was a factor but not by much.

my main concern was repeatability in bullet seating length. i must say since using this for about 3 weeks (loading ss-109 ), i was seating my rounds @ 2.260.
    over 3k of these i have done & i check 1 out of every 25 or so and my readings have been right at 2.260 or 2.259...no more, no less.

i have not loaded anything else but these. i only hope i get the same repeatability out of other calibers. as far as the other operations on the press & smoothness
    of the turret, i am very pleased with this press.*note, i did purchase the turret head kit from Creedmore Sports that is supposed to make the turret head smoother in operation
    w/ less play in the head. i cant vouch for the primer seating operation because i have not attached it. i did read where this was a "weak link" in this press but i did not consider this
    when buying because i dont intend to use it. i have always hand seated my primers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12