Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Kapan made 1892 and Original model 1892 part interchangability

Boolit Mold

Question Kapan made 1892 and Original model 1892 part interchangability

I have an original Winchester 1892 made 1897. I have been looking for a 38-40/44-40 right cartridge guide for a while now. While looking for one on many different websites to no avail, I found where I could buy a Japan made 1892 44-40 right cartridge guide. I compared the picture of an original and the japan made one, they look almost identical. I assume the japan one uses metric threads, which I believe is fine since I would use the japan made screw also. The original win 1892 doesn't seem to have threads on the receiver for the guides, just a hole. I believe it could work alongside my original win left cartridge guide, since the miroku/browning 1892's seem to use the same/similiar guides as the originals, but change the lifters. Here are the pictures I have compared. (The japan made is on the left)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38-40&44-40 cartridge guide miroku 1892.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	312260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38-40&44-40 cartridge guide original 1892.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	312261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38-40&44-40 cartridge guides original 1892.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	312263
    Is there anyone who could give me input before I buy the parts?

Boolit Grand Master

I cannot answer that. I have read that some of the Italian parts are interchangeable with the originals so that maybe another option.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer