Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Gun shipping question?

Boolit Grand Master

Gun shipping question?

I have read that a business can purchase a firearm as long as one of the owners puts their info on the form. So, when the business sells the firearm, doesn't one of the business's owners have to include their information along with the business info, when shipping to an FFL? Is just the business info enough?

Thanks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    I have read that a business can purchase a firearm as long as one of the owners puts their info on the form. So, when the business sells the firearm, doesn't one of the business's owners have to include their information along with the business info, when shipping to an FFL? Is just the business info enough?

Thanks
    This is one of those things where the law doesn’t matter. Ask the receiving FFL what they want. You’ll never change their mind about what they think they need, so don’t even bother.

It's not that simple.

There are certain situations where you can ship a firearm to a specific place without a FFL-
    like it's factory, and then you get it back from them.
    But to ship one in order to sell it? It has to go from one FFL to another, then to the end buyer.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus

I've never heard where a Business (that isn't a FFL) could own a firearm.
    A business owner can own a firearm, same rules/laws that applies to us, applies to the business owner.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    It's not that simple.

There are certain situations where you can ship a firearm to a specific place without a FFL-
    like it's factory, and then you get it back from them.
    But to ship one in order to sell it? It has to go from one FFL to another, then to the end buyer.
    That is not correct. A nonlicensee per federal regs can ship a firearm to an FFL for sale in-state or out-state. The purchaser has to use the FFL if out of state. The seller does not. The two issues are that some FFL will not receive firearms for a non-FFL. The one that I use does and I have done it many times. The other issue is some carriers are only shipping firearms if it is from an FFL.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-...ntract-carrier

I also ship firearms to myself (with no FFL) for out of state hunting trips. That is 100% Federally legal also.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...aspdf/download

In state shipment are also legal between nonlicensed persons in your state

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/how-to-mail-guns/
    You can ship a firearm to another nonlicensed person in your state. While the post office will allow nonlicensees to mail long guns to other nonlicensees in the same state, it restricts its services for handguns and pistols to FFL holders. Nonlicensees who want to ship a handgun are limited to contract carriers, which require you ship the gun to or through an FFL holder.

Individual states may have different requirements, so I am only addressing the Federal requirements.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-25-2023 at 08:10 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer