Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: 25-20 brass? Where is it!!

25-20 brass? Where is it!!

Back in the mid 1980's I bought a new Marlin 94 CL in 25-20 & 32-20. At the time I bought a large supply of brass for both. Now 32-20 brass seems to be available from Starline every once in awhile. 25-20 brass, no where to be seen.. Was wondering, has anyone heard of any new production of 25-20 brass ? I still have 500+ 25-20 brass & about 1000 32-20 brass. A couple have asked me for 25-20 brass & I gave in by forming some 32-20 down to 25-20. Want to keep my 25-20 head stamp. I see on GB , used 25-20 brass bring big bucks. Any info from you folks?

I bought about 1000 Starline 32/20 brass (when it was available) and I form 25/20 and 218 Mashburn Bee from it; just another part of enjoyment from reloading. Ready to buy another stash when it becomes available.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Right on "B A Wallace". I do the same. I run 32-20 brass thru a Redding neck sizer, first. Only sizes the neck. Then run the case thru my 25-20 FL sizer to finish off the body.

Seasonal runs....rare brass.....good parent cases, I'm with both ya'll. When it's available, I buy it, stack it deep and then I know that I have it. None of the rare stuff is EVER going down in price.....get it while you can, and like Dom, share the love when you can!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't recall seeing any .25-20 Winchester brass for sale in at least the last twenty years.
    Five or six years ago I bought a single shot Husqvarna bolt action in .25-20, so I started looking. I found a few bags of Remington .32-20 brass, so I converted that and found a few partial boxes of .25-20 at gun shows. I did see one box of Remington factory ammo for $63/box of fifty (which I did not buy).

I figure I have enough for my one shot gun, so I haven't really been looking lately. Probably be different if I had a repeater.

Robert

Boolit Buddy

Hey Wallace: Looks like you are turning out some nice brass. I have a 25-20 Winchester 1892. I have collected some of the new Privi Partison 32 Russian Nagant revolver brass. Heard you can form 25-20 WCF out of it?

Boolit Master

I know 8-10 years ago a bunch of us here sent emails to Starline begging them to produce 218 bee, 25-20 and 32-40 brass, but they refused. Luckily all can be formed easily enough, though 32-40 from 30-30 is a tad bit short, but works just fine. i got the forming dies for 218 Bee, and 25-20 is the intermediate step. Since before covid 32-20 has been hard to get and Starline hasn't made it in years, hopefully they will soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5110177.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	312218

Boolit Buddy

Winchester 25-20 Brass now available

Hi!
    I attended the Ohio Gun Collectors Show today and heard that Winchester 25-20 brass is again available
    This was the information the folks with ET Brass today me. PM me if you might want their contact info.
    There many be other stockists offering it also
    Jim

Boolit Master

Yep - $60/100 - PRIMED ( with Winchester primers ) - I just received an order for 200 - I'm pretty sure your not gonna beat the price
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    As of Saturday morning, they still had some on hand at the OGCA show.
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too