Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: bolt stop

Boolit Bub

bolt stop

I have a Chaing Kai-shek standard Mauser action I would like to use. But several years ago I let someone have my bolt stop assembly. I bought a stop from a 98K but no fit. If anyone can help I would be grateful and tickled out of my mind however some folks think I am already out of my mind and did not need any more help to get there!.

You may have to fit one from a more common 98 to yours. Pics of your action might help gather ideas from the members here.
    A real phone call to Gun Parts corp. or Sarco explaining your problem might be a start.
    I miss Springfield Sporters for all things Mauser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Yep, may need to do some fitting. There are at least 47 variations in Mausers.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    There are more than one Variation of the Chiang Kai‐shek Mauser... For instance, I own a Chiang Kai‐shek, but...it is actually a 1937 VZ24. with Chinese markings (translate to "training" or some such. It sports a Normal VZ 24 action in every way, except bottom metal and Bolt (complete) are Chinese marked... with the "Propeller". Also this bolt and Firing pin are Reversible.. ie with the pin 90 degrees one way the Firing pin shoulder will Not pass the interior "stop" ie, won't fire... turn the Firing pin...voila!!! No different than any other M98 Mauser for Firing Function..
    I have Never witnessed any Large ring Mauser, by any MFG, that won't take Any, bolt stop/ejector... I have indeed mixed in Small ring parts like this... No Problems.. Just a Note... The Japanese M99 has alot of parts that could Easily be confused with M98 Mauser parts... I have that stash also..
    Pictures... or we all gotta Guess

Boolit Bub

I ordered a new one from Numric parts and it did not come close to fitting. My Mauser has a large backward swastika and the number 38 on top of the ring. it had a stamp similar to DI?? which was the manufacturer (I think). I measured the action as 8.5 inches long and has a circular stamp on the top of the ring also. I don't have the action handy now so I can't give more data.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
    I ordered a new one from Numric parts and it did not come close to fitting. My Mauser has a large backward swastika and the number 38 on top of the ring. it had a stamp similar to DI?? which was the manufacturer (I think). I measured the action as 8.5 inches long and has a circular stamp on the top of the ring also. I don't have the action handy now so I can't give more data.
    Again... Mauser 93 or 95 or 98 bolt stops will interchange... function is less than perfect if you mix small ring with large ring... but... bolt stops still stop the bolt!! I I suspect that you have something different indeed...
    again... No pictures... No one can do better than Guess!!!!

Boolit Master
    Something important! When you're doing the fitting of any part on an action, do the fitting on the part - not the receiver. Gun parts can be bought online or over the counter, plus shipped without any issues. The receiver IS the firearm, and if you screw up the receiver it becomes expensive and complicated. If the boltstop, (or any other part), isn't fitting, do the work on the part to make it fit & work. Unless you really know what you're doing, don't do the alterations on the receiver.

On some Mauser actions that I've modified for shorter cartridges (7.62x39 and 45 acp) I've modified the boltstop/ejector box from type 99 Arisaka's to fit Mauser actions. This moves the ejector forward so it will work better with the shorter cases. The point here is that you should fit the boltstop to the receiver, not the other way around. Also, though the ejector box on small rings and large rings are similar, the ejector blades are different shaped. Therotically, the boltstop/ejector box from any standard model of 98 Mauser (or VZ-24) should fit a Chaing Kai-Shek Mauser.