Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Help for a Day 30X .22 conversion kit.

Boolit Bub

Help for a Day 30X .22 conversion kit.

I recently acquired a Day 30X .22 conversion unit for a 1911. What I didn't get was any magazines. I didn't realize that they were integral to the proper function of the unit - the ejector is part of the magazine. I am looking for anyone who may have a magazine and be willing to provide pictures or drawings that would help me make an ejector. The unit only functions as a single shot, but shows the potential for really great accuracy.

Boolit Master
    Had one many years ago but IIRC (at my age probably don't) the ejector was part of the barrel assembly, a long metal piece extending back from the barrel on the left side. Mine was remarkably accurate.

Boolit Buddy

I dug mine out and the magazines look to be a Colt 45 mag shell, with a HI Standard 22 short style magazine pinned into the body. The ejector is part of the 22 magazine .. If I can get some help with photos I'll see about getting them to you somehow.
    What is the barrel length of your barrel?, mine is 5" and looks to have been shortened to right at the letter "D" in the name DAY on the left front of the slide.

Boolit Bub
    The barrel on my unit is a hair under 6 inches. Five inches would indeed put it at the D, just as you described.

Boolit Buddy

I sent a PM, no response, if you want photos, send an email address.

Boolit Bub
    PM sent

Finally remembered to get mine out yesterday and confirmed what I thought I remembered. The ejector in mine is NOT a part of the magazine, but instead it is a separate part in the unit and completely separate from the magazine. Seems like I heard the early units used ejectors in the magazines while later units used a separate ejector contained within the unit. In fact, the ejector in mine strongly resembles the ejector in my Kart unit.
    Phil

Boolit Bub
    SOFMatchstaff, I got your pictures of the Day mags. They will be a big help to me. It looks like I will be able to add an ejector to a Kimber style polymer mag to make it work. I'll keep you in the loop.