Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shingles vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Honestly, these posts sound like horror stories. I don't remember anyone before the early 90's talking a Shingles. I guess we will all have to wait until what the long term effects of vaccine experimentation beholds upon those whom choose to partake.
    I had the original single dose shot about seven years ago and the newer 2 dose shot about a year and a half later. As mention earlier, the only ill affect I had was the sore shoulder.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    Honestly, these posts sound like horror stories. I don't remember anyone before the early 90's talking a Shingles. I guess we will all have to wait until what the long term effects of vaccine experimentation beholds upon those whom choose to partake.
    Nobody before the 90's took a Shingles vax because the first Shingles vax wasn't licensed until 2006.

I doubt many, if any, of y'all had a Chickenpox vax as kids, either. That one came out in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Nobody before the 90's took a Shingles vax because the first Shingles vax wasn't licensed until 2006.

I doubt many, if any, of y'all had a Chickenpox vax as kids, either. That one came out in 1995.
    Right, but I wasn't talking about the shingles vax, it's like all the sudden the virus became some unbearable problem only after the vax became available. I remember people saying that adult infection of chickenpox for the first time was a nightmare. But nothing ever about shingles for those who have been exposed.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Maybe Scientists should make up a new blood type for everyone who is adding artificial antigens to theirs.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Grand Master
    Seems like things become a medical crisis once someone makes a $$$ vaccine or $$$$ pill for something.

Moderator Emeritus

Chance of shingles is 33%...

Chance of me having a reaction to the vax that puts me in the hospital is around 90%...

I will roll the dice on getting shingles...

Boolit Master
    Oh, no doubt that any manufacturer will do its best to promote its own products, often to the point of exaggeration. That’s pretty much expected. The informed consumer is best served by finding independent and hopefully less biased sources of information.

The generally accepted understanding of varicella is that, before the vaccine, it would quickly be spread by kids throughout a non immune population, making kids miserable and adults potentially much more ill, leaving immunity behind in just about everybody that is highly protective against future exposure, and which is boosted/maintained by those same exposures (sort of like maintaining a large well trained army because a hostile neighbor tried to invade once and still keeps testing the defense by raiding over the border). Seniors can get nasty first time infections, or, if previously infected, get zoster, as their immune systems weaken with age.

With the chicken pox vaccine, you can prevent the kids’ misery and missed school (which is a significant issue), the potentially serious adult illness, and, with the shingles shot (in some ways almost the same thing as the chicken pox version), the previously unpreventable nastiness of shingles.

Ironically, using the vaccine has led to becoming dependent on it. Without the periodic boosting from exposure to natural varicella circulating among the uninfected, the vaccine induced immunity in kids, never as strong as the natural form to start with, weakens after a few years, making them vulnerable as young adults (“Let’s reduce our big army since our still hostile neighbor hasn’t crossed the border in twenty years”), so now boosters are needed.

I got chicken pox as a kid (unusually, twice). I know how nasty shingles can be so I got the shots. Yeah, big pharma has an agenda - promoting your product to make money is expected in capitalism. That doesn’t mean there aren’t real problems those products address effectively.
    Last edited by kevin c; 03-28-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Right, but I wasn't talking about the shingles vax, it's like all the sudden the virus became some unbearable problem only after the vax became available. I remember people saying that adult infection of chickenpox for the first time was a nightmare. But nothing ever about shingles for those who have been exposed.
    Ah, I see.

So my sister got a nasty bout of shingles in the early 90 and ended up with what is, effectively, permanent nerve damage. So it happened before the vax, and it was still bad.

It's talked about more now because I think people realize better that it can have long-lasting repercussions. And people talk about this type of stuff more now, for whatever reason. And also, obviously, drug companies do marketing...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    …He went to a remote beach that had tide pools…a cop came by...Said he was trespassing and demanded he leave
    Quick off topic.

Say abunaitoo, was I wrong thinking that all the Islands’ beaches and access to them was public?

I am sure that this herpes vaccine is perfectly safe. But I have heard this before.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bo...ed-or-disabled

When I was a kid and when my children were young (oldest is in his mid 40's) the chickenpox vaccine was taking the kids to play with the neighbor kid who had chickenpox. None of my five kids had the chickenpox more than once, although I do know some people who have had it more than once.

As stated before, I still experience very mild discomfort (minor itching) at the site where my bout with shingles started.

If you pay attention to some of the early TV shows and movies, you will occasionally here them complaining about shingles.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Chance of shingles is 33%...

Chance of me having a reaction to the vax that puts me in the hospital is around 90%...

I will roll the dice on getting shingles...
    Bingo. Feel the same way as they don't know the "carrier" I am allergic to.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234