MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shingles vaccine

Boolit Master

Shingles vaccine

I had my second shingles shot yesterday, talk about getting my posterior kicked. The lady said I might get mild flu symptoms. I felt awful and though I was going to freeze all night. I was better this morning, just a little weak. Anyone else run into this ?

On the bright side I went to the foot doctor for a follow up for foot surgery. I have a bunion on my left foot. The doctor didn't want to get into breaking bones and resetting then as it might cause more problems than it solved. She did clean out the joint and get rid of the knot that had formed. The stitches were removed and everything is good. My toe does pull to the side but it is much more comfortable with the sore knot gone.

When I first met the doctor I thought they had raided the local high school. She is young and a small lady but sharp as a tack with a great bedside manner.

Boolit Master
    No problem with shingles shot and yeah I think I got underware that's older than some of my doctors.

Boolit Buddy

I remember having similar symptoms from my second shingles shot, although not as prominent as yours. Still much better than having the shingles, though!! Hope you feel better soon.
    Running the ridges and riding the rivers of the Southwest Virginia Appalachians

Had shingles about 5 or 6 years ago. Was dang bad for a few weeks.... no fun at all.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I got the Shingles shots three years ago.
    First one no problem.
    Second one kicked my butt, three days of amplified flu symtoms.
    That second shot was during a time of elevated tree pollen, which I 'can' get flu type symtoms...so I figured my reaction was a combo effect.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Second one felt like I had broken my shoulder like a deep bruise. No flu like symptoms.

When I saw the commercial that Terry Bradshaw was in I always thought he was exaggerating the pain. I found out first hand he was probably downplaying the pain. I only had one spot on my forehead. Nerve pain was horrible, inside ear, jaw, side of head, back of head, shoulder... all on left side. I Ended up temporarily losing vision in my left eye also got sores / lesions on my cornea.

Boolit Master
    Friends and Family that had shingles intimated that it was "Horrible", so when the VA said "here ya go"...there I went!!!
    Don't remember any afterburn... Maybe mine didn't "Take"!!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    I was vaccinated last year when my employer offered it free of charge. The first one put a goose egg sized, hot to the touch knot on my arm, and gave me the flu like symptoms. I was dreading the second one, but it was a cake walk.
    My father had the shingles and had been strongly encouraging us kids to get vaccinated because of how badly it hurt him.

Boolit Grand Master
    Isn't shingles an expression of the chickenpox virus in us, possibly from the chickenpox vaccine most of us got when young? If thats so, why not just get another chickenpox vaccine to boost your immunity?

I had shingles about 4 years ago. Lasted about two weeks on the major symptoms, but think I still have minute outbreaks now and then, very localized and small

No more vaccines for me after the last 3 years of covid madness.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

Had shingles in my early forties. Don know what was worse the symptoms, or the price of the prescriptions to treat.
    Wife had a week long reaction to her first shingle vaccine. Didn’t go back for the second one.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    If you have had shingles before are you protected ?

I felt bad for a day. But, worth not getting shingles.

Boolit Master

Guess I'm luckier then most. Had both Shingles shot, no reaction.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I had both shots last year , seems like one in early November and the booster right before new years . Other than making my arm really sore for a few days , both times, I didn’t have any other issues. I was shocked when the lady at the pharmacy told me be sure you don’t wait until after the first of the year , because my deductible started over , she said each shot was almost $900.00 !!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master
    No issues with either the old/ineffective vaccine or the new double shot vaccine. Haven't had a case of the flu, since I was a child. I'm coming up on 72 year old.

Winelover

wife + i both 76 + got 2nd shot in February with no bad effects except wife had slight redness around injection area -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

I have had the original single dose shot and the newer 2 dose shot. The only reaction I had was some soreness in the shoulder where the injection was done. It could be said to have been pleasant compared to the case of the shingles I had about 15 years ago. I still get an itching sensation where the shingles originated.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    Me and my wife had the newest Shingles shot with no reaction a couple of years ago.

Boolit Master
    Isn't shingles an expression of the chickenpox virus in us, possibly from the chickenpox vaccine most of us got when young?
    NO!
    <SMH> I don't think it's even POSSIBLE for someone to develop shingles from a weakened vaccine designed to protect against one of its "cousins", but I'm CERTAIN I've never even heard of it, much less seen it nor read about it. Making associations between shingles and a chicken pox VACCINATION (especially without evidence) is irresponsible and potentially dangerous.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast