Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turret Press?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I like the Lyman T-Mag II, it is the workhorse of the press table...working up loads as it's shown here or mount a dispenser on the turret and make large batches. The turret has a snugging nut under the back of the turret across from the die station your using and adjusting that nut takes all the slop out of the turret top. Extra turrets are available too.

This is what I have as well. 380, 9MM, 38 and 357, cartridges I shoot a lot of, get loaded on one or the other of my Dillons. Everything else gets loaded on the Lyman. I also have an RCBS Turret but I hated the primer feed mechanism on that one and do not recommend them. My brother has the LEE and has used it with complete satisfaction for years. IIRC, his is the older 3 hole variant. I strongly recommend going to one of the larger gun shows for your purchase of a another press. Most used presses are in fine mechanical condition and are much cheaper than new. You'll save enough to buy some primers
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    This is what I have as well. 380, 9MM, 38 and 357, cartridges I shoot a lot of, get loaded on one or the other of my Dillons. Everything else gets loaded on the Lyman. I also have an RCBS Turret but I hated the primer feed mechanism on that one and do not recommend them. My brother has the LEE and has used it with complete satisfaction for years. IIRC, his is the older 3 hole variant. I strongly recommend going to one of the larger gun shows for your purchase of a another press. Most used presses are in fine mechanical condition and are much cheaper than new. You'll save enough to buy some primers
    Nice setup there. Unfortunately the gun shows here are not like they used to be. The deals just aren't there any more as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by jetinteriorguy View Post
    The Lee Classic cast turret is the one press I will never get rid of. It’s perfectly capable of producing MOA or better ammunition in every caliber I have.
    I agree whole heartedly.

Doug Guy, You can remove the indexing rod on a Lee Turret press with two fingers. Viola, no auto indexing.

Boolit Master
    I have two Lee Classic Turret presses. One is the standard 4-place turret. The second I changed to use the 3-place turret, as I had the older Lee Turret press. I don't really use them as turret presses, spinning the turret for each cartridge, I use the turrets as die holders, eliminating die changing, die adjustment, turning dies in-out for each step. I've been using Lee Turrets since they came onto the market. Have had no reason to change, ease of swapping die sets, not resetting anything is my reason for the turrets. I do have a single stage compound leverage red Pacific(Hornady) 'O' press but it sees little use. I have a couple Lee 1000's, A Loadmaster and a Dillon 550 but the Lee turrets get most of the rifle work.

Boolit Mold
    I used a single stage RCBS for about 30 years. I finally decided I wanted a turret. I watched a lot of YouTube videos and read everything I could on these forums. After taking everything into consideration I bought a T7. I couldn't be happier!

I went through a ton of 45-70, 30-06, 30-30 and .44 mag loads on my Lee Turret Press, along with a LFCD for all but the 30-06. Performed flawlessly. However I took out the indexing rod and used it basically as a single-stage press. I debated about doing it again but don't find it a big deal to take dies in and out on my RCBS single-stage, though it was convenient to have one turret per cartridge. I'd be very happy with the Lee.
    -Paul

In order to get the on the press priming to work 100% on my Lyman T Mags I had to cut the inside bottom corner and smooth the interior step on the shell holders where the primer cup goes through it as well as the top corner radius on the outside of the primer cup to prevent the primers from flipping as those corners would catch on each other and when they released the primer would flip. I also removed burrs on the aluminum piece that holds the tube of primers to allow better feeding into the primer cup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123