Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: Some days are better than others

Boolit Buddy

Some days are better than others

Granddaughter [Venessa] is stationed at Ft. Campbell, Ky. She came for a get together of our family a couple of weeks ago, for my youngest step-daughter celebrating her going to Jamaica in the Peace Corp for over two years, as she has just retired from her job. She was suppose to come for our last get together for step-daughter before leaving Sunday afternoon for Jamaica and bring me back a pound of Silhouette powder and bring her dog to stay for a week. Her job schedule got changed and she couldn't make it Sunday, so she came yesterday. Brought the powder and dog who will get to stay for two weeks now. While standing looking out the back door at the cows, I saw a coyote making it way into the grazing cows. Venessa had taken her 22 Ruger back home last time she was here, so I asked her if she could kill the coyote with my Savage axsis in .223 which she had never shot. Got the rifle for her and she used the top of the deck bannister to steady her shot. First shot missed and the coyote started running so I did my coyote howl and seem to stop and confuse it so loaded the mag with four more shells and after three more shots she put it down. Long shot at what we estimate over 350 yds. So we drove out in the field to get some pictures with the varmint and she was really excited. While eating lunch, her phone notified she had a message and she really got excited again, message was she had got promoted to buck sgt. She couldn't decide which event was more exciting. We shoot when she is here if we have time, mostly hand guns. Am working on several test hand loaded powders for her .380's. So yes for a old guy some days are still good.

Boolit Master

Congratulations on her promotion to Sergeant, and the kill.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Yep,,, a good day for her for sure. AND you. Good memories for both!

Moderator Emeritus

Very nice. Congrats on both counts!

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    That’s awesome ! I can only imagine how much fun it was for the both of you. I can picture it in my mind . Great memories!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    A great day for the both of you.

Boolit Grand Master

It don't get much better than that.