Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Xmas vacation project: Win 12 stock.

Xmas vacation project: Win 12 stock.

Thanks to a kind soul, I now have a 3D printed stock on my Winchester 12. It replaces the original wood stock, which is cracked at the wrist like many others.
    Since their 3D printer's envelope is only about 8x8x8" it is a 2-piece* model held together by 4x wood screws, which I welded together once assembled.
    Its geometry mimics and matches the original in the LOP and cheek weld except for the slightly extended bottom of the pistol grip. The originally fitted Pachmayr buttpad mathches perfectly. Finally, I can shoot this beauty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010085.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	311846

*Sorry, I goofed: it is a 3-piece model because the buttpad sits on its own insert into the buttstock.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 03-21-2023 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Minor correction
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

Boolit Bub
    I'm impressed. Curious -- what filament was used? I'm also curious how it was modeled in 3D Cad -- did you (or the designer) use some kind of scan of the old stock?

Thanks! It is metal grey PLA. No scan was used: it was an iterative process of the designer working off a picture and dimensions of the original and me correcting them. In the end they said that it was the most difficult item that they have ever worked on, due to all of the splines and irregularly shaped curves. Winchester 12 is not an easy shotgun to design stocks for!
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

If you stand it on the butt end, how tall is it all put together? More and 400mm? (15.748 inches) Was just wondering about printing it in one piece with the butt down? But 400mm is max printing height on my printer.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    Well dang, that turned out good as far as I'm concerned.