RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Any of you have a Hatsan Blitz?

Boolit Master

Any of you have a Hatsan Blitz?

"If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Moderator Emeritus

Never heard of it... til your post Seems to be not a highly wanted arm, as msrp is $1100 and most places I looked at discounted it already. To wit, MidwayUSA dot com has a $649.00 price on it. Sadly, perhaps I'm the odd-man-out here, but I see zero "use" for it for me, other than perhaps showing off to others (?) that I have one. Even at the low cost of pellets -- roughly 15 cents a pellet from The Pellet Shop (JSB diabolo) -- which are not thaaaat low in .30 calibre -- it would seem to me that the time, effort, and cost to buy and load those sixteen shots in the .30 calibre magazine would "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" out in not enough time for anything other than the fun of pulling trigger and seeing them spray. Even the 21 shot mag in .22 or 19 shot .25 mag seem something I'd want to have. At the fifteen cents per shot, this comes to $2.40 per magazine dump...
    Nope -- I do not have one; and you may bet the farm I never will.
    geo

Boolit Buddy

I live on an island south of Miami. Iguanas were everywhere. People must have had them as pets at one time and turned them loose. They eat everything! All the vegetation, flowers, garden, and song bird eggs right out of the nests. Monroe County limits shooting unless you have so many acres. The solution is PCP ! A pre charged pellet gun. These are aired up with a 3000 psi scuba bottle. I have a Beeman 25 cal rifle that drives a 31 gr pellet at 900 fps. Cheap to shoot and really does a number on a 50" Iguana. Shot 54 in one year. Don't know anything about an Asian made Hatsan rifle. There is a Texas company Air Force that makes good PCP rifle and pistol. Research em ! Read the reviews before you spend your $$$$ They say the Iguana's taste like chicken!

Moderator Emeritus

Not to go off-track (I hope) but, Rockindaddy -- yours truly was intrigued with the Iguana challenges in the Sunshine State, and actually started an inquiry thread on this site in November: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...gun-Devastator One "iguana set-up" came in at the ten thousand U S dollar price range... just a bit more than the Hatsan .30 calbre auto...
    You may enjoy viewing it, had you already not.
    geo

(P.S. -- the 'story' told is a pet store having but a few of these ugly lizards caged was destroyed by a hurricane, and not only these but the Burmese pythons and ALL others (wink wink) of the venomous, constricting, and other deadly critters got their start from this.)

Would hope it will shoot in semi auto mode also. Unless it shoots slugs accurately, Can't see a practical use for it.
    Even still, unless I was restricted to airguns only for hunting, can't see a use.
    BTW, iguana does NOT taste like chicken but it is pretty tasty. Had opportunity to eat monkey at the same time.
    Preferred the monkey.

Boolit Master
    Be a lot cheaper to buy a Crosman DPMS to get your full-auto grins, then something nicely hunting accurate in a conventional PCP. I am looking at the Air Venturi Avenger in .25 ...
    I had a Hatsan springer in .25 that was OK, but hard to shoot well, at least for me.

Boolit Grand Master
    https://www.pyramydair.com/product/h...r-rifle?m=5193

It comes in .22 and .25 as well and can be semi or full auto.

14 one star reviews out of 87 reviews.

21 shots in .22 cal. Using Crosman Premiers that would cost less than $.30 per mag dump. Would a fun plinker with the semi-auto feature, but I would need to see a lot more good reviews to invest $800.

BTW, it demonstrates how PCP's are being developed and improved. I expect a quality PCP semi-auto from a high end manufacturer will hit the market soon. The market is there. I know that Benjamin has a couple of offerings but one has no reviews and the other is not that great.

People want cheap fun like we used to have when .22LR was $1/box. I think people will pay $800 for a reliable and accurate semi-auto rifle that shoots $15/1000 pellets...I know I will.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Maybe if it has a rib and bead sight, it could effectively function as a serially firing shotgun. Of course, hunting laws would never catch up in time, but I'd be curious to see if he can brake some clays.

Boolit Master
    A high quality big bore PCP is certainly more practical. You can actually hunt deer with some of them and they can be suppressed as well. And you can cast your own slugs for them too. I just had never seen something like the Hatsan before.

Boolit Buddy

Cheap little Crossman .177 pump up pneumatics and the old Crossman CO2 pistols have taken their share of Iguanas here in South south Florida. You can't bang big lizards but the 12~16" ones are easy with a pellet pistol. Monroe County restricts discharge of a firearm unless you have several acres. Not too many residents have several acres South of Miami. They are all small islands but over run with invasive lizards. An air gun is the solution. Don't know of any manufacturer making small air rifle multiple pellet moulds. Be nice to cast a 30 gr lead bullet you could use in a pellet gun. No expensive primers or powder!!!!

Boolit Buddy

Hey Cosmic Charlie: You started a great thread! I loved your video you put up! Full auto pellet gun! Woooooh !!!!!! The Iguanas here in South Florida would all be shivering not from the cold north cold fronts that pass through but if they could see your video: The full auto Hatsan pellet gun; they would be shivering!! Many thanks, you made my day!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    Cheap little Crossman .177 pump up pneumatics and the old Crossman CO2 pistols have taken their share of Iguanas here in South south Florida. You can't bang big lizards but the 12~16" ones are easy with a pellet pistol. Monroe County restricts discharge of a firearm unless you have several acres. Not too many residents have several acres South of Miami. They are all small islands but over run with invasive lizards. An air gun is the solution. Don't know of any manufacturer making small air rifle multiple pellet moulds. Be nice to cast a 30 gr lead bullet you could use in a pellet gun. No expensive primers or powder!!!!
    Right now all my pellet guns are Crosmans. They all have steel breeches, Walther Lothar barrels and work on the triggers and valves. I take squirrels, starlings and pigeons with mine in the backyard. I have taken crows in the past but decided I would leave them be on account of how intelligent they are.

Boolit Mold
    I have a Blitz in 22 cal. The only caliber that made any sense to me since I bought it only for the full auto fun. I think I may have overpaid at $650 on sale for the way it is put together, but so far it has been very reliable, jam free on full auto with the adjusted mags and the accuracy is more than OK for me. The trigger is the worst I have ever felt on any airgun or firearm, but quite surprisingly, despite the horrible trigger I am able to shoot fairly decent groups on semi auto using CPHPs. I have no interest in shooting any other ammo in it besides CPHPs.

All groups were shot at 15 yards, indoors from a rest, 20x scope, CPHP pellets straight out of the tin. Fired for group size not for scoring. On the mag dump, I held the trigger down until it was empty - 21 Shots. The first time I tried a mag dump, I was shooting off hand. The group was about 12 inches wide and the impacts moved up and right. After some practice I can repeat that large single hole every time from a Caldwell Precision (clamp like a Bog Pod) rest. Standing, I can do way better than the 12 inch first group, but not as small as the ones with a solid rest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blitz targets.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	312678

The only quirk other than having to tighten the spring on the mags is that the threaded cap comes loose as you shoot it. The O-Ring is too small to keep it from turning. There is a lot of vibration going on inside the shroud with the operating rod moving forward and back rapidly with every shot. Adding some Blue Demon teflon tape to the threads stopped it from coming loose.

I have more "fun" with this PCP than I do with my FX M3, Prophet 2, Factor RC, P-Rod, Uragan 2 and several others. It does what I hoped it would and it ended up being more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Friends and family who shoot my various airguns, all prefer the Blitz by a large margin.
    Last edited by Geezerhood; 04-06-2023 at 10:21 PM.

I was pretty impressed with that full auto group that looked like about 2" I could se this as "Crowd Control" gun if your home was over run by some kind of unwanted visitors, but not much else.

MY AV Avenger is my Lizard Gun and hoping to get a trip to FL in before it gets really hot. It's only 91F there today. Kind of contingent on my Bros schedule as he is going thru Instructor Training for the outfit he flies for in Miami.

Might have one bite of some Iguana if cooked by someone who knows what they are doing, but probably won't be going for a second one.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to say, if you read up a bit the main issue not only with the Blitz but Hatsan on a whole is their absolute lack of after sales.
    That coupled with a QC that is so-so at best makes for a situation not really ideal.

As to why, no idea.

We´ve just seen Hatsan market yet a few new "models" (in reality different takes on already existing ones) sporting longer barrels and more power. That might be, but if you read up a tad on the forums.. back to square one.

I´ve got a few of them and have to say that the ones I´ve got have all been ok. Then again i´ve had cust ones in the door where the barrels have even been machined the wrong end, rendering that the choke on the barrel has been the first thing right after the "chamber".
    That, screws that fall right out on brand spanking new guns and what not...

In all honesty i don´t get it. That there has to be an after sales is quite evident to all as noone is without faults. Simple really, and we all recognize that. Apart from Hatsan

So far, I have been lucky with my 2 Hatsans.