RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Primer Plant Approved for Indiantown, Fl.

Boolit Master

New Primer Plant Approved for Indiantown, Fl.

The Indiantown Village council has approved plans for a 40 million dollar primer manufacturing plant. The owner of the new plant, Mr. Weiss, owns Grind Hard Ammo and add plans to expand the Stuart Florida Plant westward to add a primer manufacturing facility. According to the linked article they have ATF approval for the site.
    The owner said the plant, once completed, will run around the clock employing approximately 100 workers (33 per shift). They are currently importing primers from Turkey.
    I didn’t even know there was an ammo manufacturing plant in Stuart. Sounds like they are serious. Sure hope it doesn’t fizzle out.
    Wonder if an employee discount will be part of the benefits package?

https://www.hometownnewstc.com/news/...98e08fcd6.html

Boolit Mold
    Wonderful news. I read last year of a new primer manufacturer building in Texas to open in mid-late 2023. I can’t find further information.

Boolit Buddy

That is good news. The article was a good read.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    This is good news as long as they produce a good product for reasonable price. Turkey has been producing a lot ammunition for a while now. They should know how to get it done, as log a they are not overly regulated.

Boolit Master
    "Grind Hard Ammo"? Never heard of it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    "Grind Hard Ammo"? Never heard of it.
    Me either, and I live near Stuart. They have a website.
    https://grindhardammo.com/

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dankathytc View Post
    Wonderful news. I read last year of a new primer manufacturer building in Texas to open in mid-late 2023. I can’t find further information.
    Expansion Industries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef6eFfw222U
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yeah, they should have enough money after gouging the retail consumer 3 to 4 times…or more, over the old priced standard retail mark from three years ago to build to build four more plants. You all know manufacturers are still going release primers in limited quantities and keep them marked way up regardless…it’s the American way. It’s the same BS back in the day with Harley Davidson. I worked for HD for four years back in the late 90s early 2000s when supposedly there was a one and a half to two year wait list for a motorcycle. That company knew how to sell and market!!!…because our, and every other HD dealership, had brand new Harleys in just about every model sitting on their showroom floors that were never bought or spoken for. It was just a massive sakes gimmick HD got away with to drive prices up through the roof. As soon as people get sick of waiting for them and stop buying the prices went way down. I remember when I worked there they were selling 10-year-old bikes for five to $6000 over brand new retail! Now you can buy a used Harley A few years old for and where from half to about 2/3 less of what they sell for new. People got sick of paying The stupid prices, and waiting and stopped buying so they had to start giving them away. It’ll never happen with primers because they’re cheap to begin with, and the average person can afford a brick or two. By the time people stop getting other people to buy them for stupid amounts of money on GunBroker and other places they’ll sit around forever and eventually the prices will drop, but I don’t see that anytime soon because you’re still way too much hoarding going on and people are freaking out over them. I guess if I own the business and I figured out a gimmick to magically increase my profits by 3 to 5 times overnight I’d be doing the same thing. That’s what’s going on now as far as I’m concerned. It’s not really a shortage it’s a sales gimmick now. That’s why you see primers on the shelf in limited quantities. It’s called working smarter than harder. Just think if you had a company that you could eliminate 3/4 of the jobs, not having to pay insurance and benefits to all those employees, run a skeleton crew, and make 400 to 600% more profit! That’s what’s going on right now folks in my opinion and nobody’s gonna change that in my mind. You watch…that plant will be up and running for two years and there still will be a mysterious primer shortage. I mean, come on. How many primers does the average reloader need once they get their hands on them. Realistically, I already have about 20 bricks or maybe a little less right now. And that will probably last me for a long time. I think the biggest issue is people are just buying and trying to hold them to try and make a profit. Mainly big businesses, because the average person isn’t going to buy a warehouse full of primers and sit on them to make money. But I think once the average handloader has about 20 bricks in their possession supply and demand will probably slow down pretty good except for the guys that are trying to buy them and sell them on GunBroker and small businesses to keep your lights on.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 03-18-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Me either, and I live near Stuart. They have a website.
    https://grindhardammo.com/
    Wonder if they will have a factory outlet store? It would be worth the drive for me.

Supposedly a new primer plant on central Arkansas but is tied to an ammo manufacturer who has been importing their primers from their European plant. Didn't expect any retail sales of primers...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    More working primer manufacturer plants add up to one thing: More primers

More primers create more competition which lowers prices

As supply increases, hoarding will also be reduced and ultimately, eliminated.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

I am building three primer packaging machines for two different domestic plants currently, and another two on order for a different site. Lots of people jumping in on the primer business.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    Making a primer and sticking it in a brass case is quite different to making a primer and sticking it in a little plastic box ,packing in bigger boxes ,warehousing ,distributing ,and selling.

Boolit Master

Fiochi, spelled wrong, is building a primer plant also!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Making a primer and sticking it in a brass case is quite different to making a primer and sticking it in a little plastic box ,packing in bigger boxes ,warehousing ,distributing ,and selling.
    Amen to that, it takes quite a bit of troubleshooting…these are expensive machines….
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Grand Master
    All good news.

I recently saw Winchester SP primers at $83/k so it is getting better. The folks who got caught with their pants down have already started buying primers at $100/k. That seems about the new normal.

I will wait until prices are under $50/k before stocking back up. I am lucky and can go for a few years if need be.

I do not know how much the war in Ukraine is affecting supply. My guess is not as much as people think. In any case, it is unlikely the conflict will last more than another 18 months. There either will not be much left to fight for, or one side will decide it has had enough. Biden would get a big boost if he can broker a peace deal before the 2024 election so that factors into it....assuming our Idiot in Chief does not get us into a war.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Wonder if they will have a factory outlet store? It would be worth the drive for me.
    Their website advertises ammo for sale and they appear to take orders on line and via phone. I didn’t see any primers for sale but that sounds like the reason they’re building a primer plant. The article noted they had informed the village they would be storing 800 lbs (I’m guessing they are talking about primer compound) in the magazine. Also they plan to produce 30 lbs per day. I get the feeling it will be a while after they get up and running before they think about selling primers to the public.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Their website advertises ammo for sale and they appear to take orders on line and via phone. I didn’t see any primers for sale but that sounds like the reason they’re building a primer plant. The article noted they had informed the village they would be storing 800 lbs (I’m guessing they are talking about primer compound) in the magazine. Also they plan to produce 30 lbs per day. I get the feeling it will be a while after they get up and running before they think about selling primers to the public.
    The primers this new plant makes for their ammo frees up the primers they are currently buying to be sold elsewhere. The more primers that are floating around in the world market will begin to reduce the economic stranglehold the “Greedies” have on our supply.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    If all these companies start making primers, there will be so much supply that prices will come down. Then the companies will no longer be profitable. They will go out of business and we will be back where we started. Better stock up this time!

Boolit Master
    There was an oversupply in 2016 /2017........i bought 5000 cartons for whats being quoted for 1000 now.....I wasnt a hoarder,just buying cheap when I saw them advertised .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast