Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the barrel treat(Hopkis Allen spur trigger revolver No.5,38CF) prod.year 1882

Boolit Buddy
    When they talk about a heel-based bullet they mean ones like on the left of this picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41-colt bullets.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	312265

take it to a gun shop with a good gun smith a old gun smith some of the young ones mess things up and cover it up

Boolit Master
    The 'armour thread' is a red herring.......the armour referred to is an electrical code term referring to conductors enclosed in a metal conduit ,and has nothing to do with guns.

Right. Wikipedia told us that. The O.P. knows it, too, apparently. Question we can't get answered now is whether the gun actually has this thread. He has said it does, but most of us are skeptical. How to repair it? Seems that judicious filing is the only way, but he says that can't be done. Impass.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

The lack of pictures is problematic. This is starting to feel like we are being trolled???
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Agreed..
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    the outside diameter of this barrel thread is(measured from rear side - from cylinder side to muzzle) 12,45 and 15,75mm at length 12mm why conical dont know...

Damaged thread can be chased with needle files.
    Remarks by President Biden on the Hostage Situation at Congregation Beth Israel in Colleyville, Texas, January 16, 2022:
    "But you can’t stop something like this if someone is on the street buying something from somebody else on the street."

Boolit Bub
    yes its true but very grossly.....

Boolit Bub
    Hey Guys its doesnt matter, I try to repair the thread by very similar threaded jaw (and also change/recut the thread in the frame) and i see if OK, now I see its very difficult to determine what the thread is, especially if its made before 1900year.....

Thanks for your attemp to help me.

So it sounds like a tapered thread. Would a revolver have a tapered barrel thread, even in those days? Sounds damaged to me. Otherwise, sounds like a 1/2 inch thread to me.

Also, I believe you're thinking about using a threading die to reform the threads. My opinion is to not do this.

I give up.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    its not problem by right/properly tool or also on cnc machine by right/properly knife (I must first find a right/properly thread pitch).

Thank you Guys
    Last edited by mira; 03-29-2023 at 12:01 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Finding the thread pitch is easy with a thread pitch gauge or simply measuring and counting. I understand language can be an issue but until I see pictureS THIS SEEMS LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN WE ARE BEING TROLLED...................?????
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-29-2023 at 09:44 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123