RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Interarms Mark X Continental Mannlicher Rifle

Boolit Bub

Interarms Mark X Continental Mannlicher Rifle

A friend recently picked up one of these in .270 Winchester. It has the butterknife bolt handle and double triggers and appears to have been shot very little, if at all. There is a lot of information/testimonials about the Mark X on this site and others as to where it was manufactured and the years of when this model was available. I was wondering if any sort of database exists as to how many were produced. Due to their scarcity on Gunbroker, and I don't recall every seeing one at a gun show, I would imagine there aren't many out there. The guy also has a Winchester Model 70 with the mannlicher stock in .308 which is very rare, with something like only 318 guns produced in that chambering. When he bought that rifle, he had a nice chat with a historian at Winchester. I'm sure that option doesn't apply for Interarms products but we are curious as to his new gun's lineage.

Boolit Master
    I have one with Mannlicher stock in 30-06.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master
    Interarms imported those rifles in the mid to late ‘70’s. I always wanted one but never could find one when I could afford one. They were imported from Yugoslavia, and were made by Zastava.

Only the actions were imported. The barrels were made by Wilson, and installed by Intersrms at their Virginia facility. As too were the stocks.

I so wanted one of the later (80’s) Whitworth .375H&H. Last one I saw was rough and was listed at $1,250. No thanks! I’ve got a Ruger M77MkII Hawkeye African in .375Ruger that I’ve got half that in.
    I have a MkX Classic in .30/06. Bought it in 1975 for $136.00 at a TG&Y store in Orlando, Fl. Killed my first deer with it. 50+more since… Also got a .270 in 2011. Got it for $200 used at a pawn shop. I doubt it had been fired 50 times… has adjustable trigger, nice wood. I had originally wanted a .270 but could never find one. Took me almost 45yrs to get one.
    Both are MOA or a little better.
    Definitely underrated.

I only once encountered one of the Mannlicher’s in the field. I stopped the hunter as he exited the woods on a crisp December morning. I asked to see his rifle, and a conversation followed. I remarked about his rifle (a 7x57!). We both were fans of the cartridge. He appropriately had a 1.5-5 Leupold installed. A 40yr friendship has followed. He still hunts with it every year!
    I’ve only owned one Mannlicher carbine: it’s a Ruger #1 International in 7x57. Though not a MOA rifle, it’s under 2moa with a 139-140gr bullet over 48.0gr of IMR4350. It’ll do…