WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, March 18

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, March 18

Good morning all. A very thoughtful message for today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Living What We Believe
    by Greg Laurie on Mar 18, 2023

Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.
    —Ephesians 4:15

One of the worst scourges in the church today is that of hypocrisy. It probably has turned more people away from the faith than anything else.

In addition, some people are just waiting for Christians to slip up so they can conveniently hang their doubts on what we did or did not do to meet their standards of what a Christian ought to be.

Yet some Christians don’t even think about this. They aren’t even aware that someone might be watching their lives. And sadly, many are willfully ignorant of what the Bible teaches.

The apostle Paul wrote to the Christians in Ephesus, “We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church” (Ephesians 4:15 NLT).

Perhaps the best translation of the phrase “speak the truth in love” would be “hold the truth in love.” It is the idea of speaking the truth, discussing it, and teaching it. But it is also more than that. It is living it.

Paul was saying, “You need to grow up. You need to find balance in your life as a believer. This means that you know the truth. But you also live the truth.”

It also means that we say what is true, even if someone doesn’t necessarily appreciate it. The streams of love must always flow into the bank of truth. It’s great to be loving, but there must be truth as well.

So, if a viewpoint contradicts what the Scripture teaches, we must warn people so they don’t fall prey to it. We must compassionately love them but also tell them the truth.

The Bible declares, “Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy” (Proverbs 27:6 NLT). True love works closely with the truth.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

What a great message...it makes me think of Isaiah 5:20....really parallels your message!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Amen.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today!

USMC 77, USRA 79

Wonderful message.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

There is a big difference between KNOWING the truth, and DOING or LIVING the truth.

And one of my issues is sometimes knowing not just what to say, but when to say it, or even if I should say it. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.