Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Homesteader Stock

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterM1 View Post
    i just did a review on the homesteader yesterday for a couple of gun magazines, and ill be honest i wasn't too impressed. we fired 8 different ammunition types and brands from the cheap PC coated federal to the most expensive Wilson Combat ammo from 95-147grn. using a Leupold 2-7 at 50 yards the best 5 round group of the day was 1.5' (with hornady 115gn Critial defense) and the worst was over 7'(Wilson Combat 147 subsonics), with the average around 3.5'.
    the trigger was terrible and heavy with a lot of gritty creep and an awful break, and what bothered me the most was the rear stock, it was loose to where you could wiggle it and you could see it move, however you cant tighten it up with how the whole gun is put together, over all for a $1000 rifle, I was not impressed at all, the gun was heavy and not accurate. IMO save some money and headache and get a Ruger PC9 they shoot 10x better and are way lighter and $3-400 cheaper.
    must have got a bad one mine is 1.2" @60 yds with 90 xtps and cheap white box 115 and yes you can tighten the stock i have changed mine do to a slight crack ( Henry customer service rocks)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Henry can barely do a decent lever gun no use for any of their offerings.As others have said plenty of already established manufactures do them very well with better options.
    How many have you owned that brought you to this conclusion?

Boolit Master
    I have seen the Henry Homesteader, and I personally didn't find it very interesting. I already have one of the old school Ruger Police Carbines in 9mm, taking Ruger Mags. I almost never use it, although I have had it on my list to take to the range for a month or two... That said, another gun that might be up your ally is the Bear Creek MAUL-AR. Here is the link for an article on it.

The thing I find interesting about the MAUL-AR is that it is going to take standard uppers, and use standard AR Bolts (not the bolt carrier). So to change calibers you simply need a new upper and a new bolt. Using a 5.45 bolt with a 9mm barrel with a barrel extension along with a Endomag adapater gets you 9mm. Or you could run it in basically any other caliber you can get in the AR platform that you can find a compatible bolt for. Of course, this is a lever gun....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12