MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: Ruger LCP II reassembly problems

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar

Ruger LCP II reassembly problems

I've had my LCP II .22 LR for almost three years now and it has been an awesome little pocket rocket. Eats almost anything, surprisingly accurate, and I can count the total malfunctions from a few thousand rounds on one hand. So, being the dummy I am, I decided she was due for a detail strip and good scrubbing. I've taken my Kel-Tecs apart many times and the LCP is "inspired" by the KT design, so how hard can it be?

It comes apart easy enough in the same manner as a Kel-Tec, only problem is putting it back together. The grip shell holds alot of stuff in place. The Kel-Tec is the same, but on the LCP II the parts are much more likely to jump out. Also, the .22 version has a manual safety, whose parts have to be in a specific arrangement to go back together and not just installed in their proper place. I put it back together a couple of times and the trigger mechanism would lock up, so I guess I'm not doing it right. I called Ruger about it and the very nice lady on the phone said I may have something out of spec or broken, she said this pistol is normally very easy to put back together properly. She sent me a shipping label and off to Mayodan it goes, gotta love that good customer service!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    LCP .22 came back today. Sheet says they replaced the hammer and trigger assemblies so me be that was the problem. Haven't been able into shoot it yet, but the trigger feels alot more smooth now. Previously it had a gritty break. Love that good Ruger service!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, Ruger's customer service is legit.

I have a Ruger Mark-II that I took apart years ago (when I was pretty naive)....a spring went sailing off into never never land. I called Ruger for help. They told me to box it up and send it in. 3 weeks later I received my rebuilt Mark-II with all new springs.

I also have a Ruger Redhawk (hence the handle)....I was shooting lead through it at a high enough velocity with poor lube characteristics. I could never get the lead out of the barrel. I called Ruger for help....again...send it in we'll take a look at it. 3 weeks later...I received my rebuilt Redhawk with a clean shiny barrel and all new springs.

They've always done well by me....I own quite a few Rugers now...I've also had excellent service with my Henry's. I highly recommend these two manufactures....they really stand by their products.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan