Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data

Thread: ZSR Lot 15 Powder Weight Results (...SIX GUNS NOW DESTROYED?...)

ZSR Lot 15 Powder Weight Results (...SIX GUNS NOW DESTROYED?...)

This U-Tube channel has been folowing the ZSR lot 15 ammo that's been blowing up rifles....
    He is no handloader but here's the results on weight of all the components of 13 rounds.

If you watch the video, try to leave him a comment on what you saw.

PLAY THE VIDEO IN 1.5 X SPEED...IT GOES FASTER AND YOU CAN STILL UNDERSTAND HIS COMMENTS

ZSR Lot 15 Powder Weight Results (SIX Guns Now Destroyed?)

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    After reading some of the comments, I shuddered and walked away. If ignorance was money, the wealth of the world would have been there for all to see.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

I tried to zoom through the video, but I'm just not seeing much. It was just a guy with a scale not very accurate to begin with, wacking away on the same table ruining any chance of accuracy. Even still, it if there was a powder charge way outside norm, I didn't see it. Did I miss it?

Boolit Grand Master
    Yes indeed, powder charges ranged from 30 to 43 grains, at least as measured on his electronic scale, with 37 grains being the most common...

Made me wonder was the one a 25% underload and the other a 17% overload.

However, his measuring was not done in a fashion that I have found to be accurate. Electronic scales need to be calibrated frequently in any event and lose accuracy if subjected to vibration IME. Pounding on the table where he was weighing the charges was pretty poor technique. However, unless he was pounding on the scale, I don't think you'd get a 40 % variance. That is craptastic ammo.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't see the 30gr charge. Still, with as ridiculous as he was being within inches of the scale I'm not sure I believe it. That was more than vibration. He may as well have dropped it on the floor between uses.

Boolit Master
    I saw his first video a while back. I think he's kinda got a point but it also seems like he's got an axe to grind.

Boolit Master
    He needs a better scale and then needs to treat it with more care. An accurate mechanical scale on a base not being pounded on would give me more faith in his results.

Boolit Buddy
    As if the world needed any more evidence of Turkish arms and ammo being garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Yes indeed, powder charges ranged from 30 to 43 grains, at least as measured on his electronic scale, with 37 grains being the most common...

Made me wonder was the one a 25% underload and the other a 17% overload.

However, his measuring was not done in a fashion that I have found to be accurate. Electronic scales need to be calibrated frequently in any event and lose accuracy if subjected to vibration IME. Pounding on the table where he was weighing the charges was pretty poor technique. However, unless he was pounding on the scale, I don't think you'd get a 40 % variance. That is craptastic ammo.
    This guy is not a handloader, he is just trying to show that the ammo was grossly unreliable & inconsistent.

About the hammering on the table beside the scale...if he used one of my digital scales, they would have been showing crazy readings with all that vibration however he mentioned he just purchased that scale from Harbor Freight in order to make this video, there's a testament to their crap.

The powder was strange too, I don't recall any of my powders looking like this one. Have no idea what it's burn rate would be to compare the powder to known safe loads but the extreme spread of the powder weight is ridiculous.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

IF it truly does vary by over 10 grains case to case, then the question is how did a manufacturer screw up so bad? How do you even get ball powder to vary 1 grain by volume? I'm pretty sure I could do better work with a kitchen spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    As if the world needed any more evidence of Turkish arms and ammo being garbage.
    Yeah, that’s what old folks said about Japanese, Spanish, Italian, etc. guns when I was young.
    They were wrong, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk