Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your prayers

Boolit Master

I need your prayers

It seems that if I'm not physically doing something but just trying to relax, I am being attacked by crappy thoughts wandering all over the place! It's getting harder to take my noon nap or even rest a bit without being aggravated by disturbing thoughts! So I come to you all for prayer.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Boy do I know the feeling! Prayers!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

The first step is to believe there is a problem. Prayers for peaceful waters sent.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

May God grant you peace.

Please read the book of John in the New Testament, it is God's
    love story to us.

Prayers sent

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Be in the company of someone you love and be open and honest with them about your feelings. Talk it out, pray it out together. Do not take it on all by yourself. Satan picks off the loners one by one. Prayers are sent.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Prayers for peace and tranquility.
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    courage to change the things I can,
    and wisdom to know the difference."
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Prayers given.

Boolit Master

May the Peace of Christ be upon you & may you know His presence
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Augercreek, prayers in the name of Christ Jesus for tranquility and peace of mind, amen!

If you keep loosing sleep over a long period of time, and the troubling thoughts continue, please see your doctor. You could be experiencing a chemical imbalance in your body that leads to depression. Nothing to be ashamed off, but you need to get help to get your system back on track.

I went through a severe bout of depression about 20 years ago. I tragically lost my 35 year old son to this 7 years ago. I miss him and think of him every day.

God renders help in many different ways,... by caring advice, by friends and loved ones and by medical doctors!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

May the peace of Christ be with you.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

I have 2 recomendations, both of which I have implemented in the last year.

First, a face mask for sleeping, mine is silk, black on both sides, has an elastic band that holds it in place. Inside of a week it was like my body got the memo.
    Lights go out, time for quiet thoughts and sleep.

Second is a small white noise generator. Personally I like the sound of a small brook or stream. Also sounds a lot like the water flowing under a small sailboat.
    Helps keep me from hearing small noises that distract and take you down wrong paths.

Should be less than 50$ for both.
    Mask is currently 9$ on amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

18$ for the white noise.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    2 Corinthians 10:5
    King James Version
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I pray for you to receive peace beyond understanding in Jesus name.

Boolit Master

Satan attacks when we are most vulnerable, read Psalm 23 and pray about your thoughts. I am holding you up in prayer.

Prayers on the way.

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers for peace on the way. "taking every thought into captivity" means an active process of evaluating every thought and rejecting those unworthy. One cannot stop a thought or image. It is impossible. One can replace one thought with another, but it takes some concentration and persistence. The unworthy thoughts keep slipping back and need to be consciously replaced. Philippians 4:8-9 gives a good way to evaluate such thoughts.

The other way to deal with this is likewise - have a good, safe and relaxing imaginary place you can send your mind when bothered by such thoughts. Mine is a particular glade behind Old Rag Mountain in Virginia. Been there multiple times alone and it is peaceful. For some it is the beach, not for me. You need to find yours.

Also consider today's Meditation.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by augercreek View Post
    It seems that if I'm not physically doing something but just trying to relax, I am being attacked by crappy thoughts wandering all over the place! It's getting harder to take my noon nap or even rest a bit without being aggravated by disturbing thoughts! So I come to you all for prayer.
    Father, I come to You to pray for augercreek. Please give him comfort and healing from the aggravating and disturbing thoughts. Please send his mind down the path to well being and the comfort that the Bible brings to the believers. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

So sorry that you are dealing with this. I am familiar. I often lament that the things we would like to remember fall out of our thoughts and memories while the others cling like nettles.

Prayers for you in this regard.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I often have the same issues, although not disturbing ones, just my mind racing 90 miles an hour. Like yours, it is hard to turn off. Meditation may help as well as the good book. If not, I suggest professional help, someone independent of what ails you. Good luck, and if you need to talk to someone, don't hesitate to ask. We are family here.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Buddy
    May you find joy, peace and tranquility in the Lord Jesus Christ. My prayers are sent to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast