RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6x45 AR barrel suggestions and twist recommendations.

I ordered a 24 Varmiter 18” with a 1-8 twist to go with my Thor 4 thermal a while back. I already have a 6 Mongoose , a 6 TCU and a 243 Win.
    Good luck, you might try 335 or 844.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    I ordered a 24 Varmiter 18” with a 1-8 twist to go with my Thor 4 thermal a while back. I already have a 6 Mongoose , a 6 TCU and a 243 Win.
    Good luck, you might try 335 or 844.
    24 varminator is the 6.8spc case necked down to .243?

The Mongoose had my attention until I got to the part where all the barrels and dies were sold out.

I thought about reaching out to Maddogg but was hesitant about the fact that, that's the only source for barrels and dies and if they're OOS now its like they've moved on to bigger and better things.

Boolit Master
    Thanks.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    Does anyone have experience with cast boolits in this cartridge that they would care to share? Thanks.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

I've searched and found a couple guys who've posted or made comments about this. But I'm very much interested in the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Does anyone have experience with cast boolits in this cartridge that they would care to share? Thanks.

exile

Do you own, or are building, or buying a 6x45?

I got my dies in, and a buddy made a nice score on a bunch of bullets and some brass and shared the love and sent me over 1000 6mm bullets of a few different flavors. I'm pretty much set except for a mold.

And the waiting on the barrel... That's going to be a tough one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12