Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Daisy model 25

Boolit Buddy

Daisy model 25

I have three (3) old model Daisy model 25's that need some TLC. Probably need seals replaced. Anyone know a good service tech ?????
    Thanks
    JAMESGR

Boolit Buddy
    The model 25s are actually pretty easy to work on. There is a great YouTube video I watched made it super easy to rebuild.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Okay thanks, I'll check on you tube.
    James

have you tried lubricating them ? - dry seals can sometimes be rejuvenated with proper lubrication -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

My first rifle.

Boolit Master
    My first 'real gun'. Christmas present from my Uncle Bill(1975-1961?). My brother-in-law(Navy - Mediterranean(1944-45) and Uncle Bill(severe bayonet wound - Iwo Jima) commenced to shooting balls off the Christmas after a few tension reducing drinks. Mother, sister, aunt were not amused.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESGR View Post
    I have three (3) old model Daisy model 25's that need some TLC. Probably need seals replaced. Anyone know a good service tech ?????
    Thanks
    JAMESGR
    It appears your question was not really answered . I inherited an old Daisy a while back, and faced with same predicament as you have I rang Daisy (479-636-1200) and a very nice lady on 'phone gave me two or three names/numbers. The second one - I cannot recall more than it was "down south" - perhaps Tennessee? - and I was able to FedEx the Daisy to him from a local pharmacy -- USPS and UPS were no-goes vis shipping. Anyhoos, the price was quite inexpensive; airgun came back in PERFECT operating condition; and only (albeit expected) disappointment is I was sans the airgun for almost four months. Anyhoos - good luck - it may be worth a call to Daisy.
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
    have you tried lubricating them ? - dry seals can sometimes be rejuvenated with proper lubrication -

Yep - they have leather seals that dry out if a little oil isn't applied to the tiny oiling hole in the barrel, every once in awhile - Mine's still going strong after 50-odd years
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies.
    I'll give Daisy a call this week. I've tried oiling the seals didn't help. I used Rem gun oil.
    Thank y'all
    James

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESGR View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I'll give Daisy a call this week. I've tried oiling the seals didn't help. I used Rem gun oil.
    Thank y'all
    James
    try using pell gun oil or petroleum based motor oil instead of Rem oil + let it soak in for a few days -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

as they say in latin

Petroleum oils ruin airguns. I would flush out well with alcohol and reoil everything with silicone oil. RC shock oil is great

You can buy a new one for $44.00 bux + shipping.
    https://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-model-25.html
    Deplorable infidel

Quote Originally Posted by brassrat View Post
    Petroleum oils ruin airguns. I would flush out well with alcohol and reoil everything with silicone oil. RC shock oil is great
    with the exception of some springers, Daisy, Crossman, + most other manufacturers specifically recommend petroleum based lubes - - the silicone lube is used on higher performance springers + etc. due to it's higher flash point that prevents dieseling damage - silicone provides no benefit in low velocity air guns + it not as effective in rejuvenating piston seals in older arms - also any flushing with alcohol will cause drying + rapid deterioration of any with leather piston seals -
    Last edited by schutzen-jager; 08-01-2023 at 08:20 AM.

as they say in latin

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies. Yes' I can buy a new one, but these are the orginals made by Daisy in the U.S.A..
    James

Way late to the game, but you might try Baker Airguns in Ohio. They rebuilt and resoldered the barrel on a Benjamin 322 for me and I was pleased with their work. A couple other buddies had air rifles repaired by them with no complaints I'm aware of.