Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Removing a tree stump????

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    Where do you live that requires you to have a permit to build a camp fire?
    We can't even have camp fires in hawaii.
    It has to be in a special fire proof pit.
    Has to be fully enclosed in a fine wire mesh.
    Only allowed in designated areas.
    If we do an Imu( pit on the ground to make Kalua pig) need to let the fire department before starting the fire.
    No burning of rubbish allowed.
    We can still grill, but if it makes to much smoke, fire department might show up.

Boolit Grand Master
    I was cutting the roots around the stump, and it started to move.
    Maybe I won't have to burn it out.
    Started to rain, so had to stop.

Boolit Master

In 3 decades + on our corner lot we have lost over 20 trees including maple, pine, willow and others. Some stumps could be ignored. Some we had ground. one was dug with a backhoe, I pulled an upright Yew with the family car, and I burned one of the maples. I bored holes, treated with used motor oil a couple of times and started a fire over it. As I recall it burned for most of a week but was totally gone.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Viam supervadet vadens.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Interesting video, but what is this guy’s story. It’s obvious it’s in the US. Why is he speaking Russian? Is he trying to sell the machine to the Russian market or post it on Russian YouTube?

Just rent a mini ex and dig/pull them out, If you can get a frost claw that will help tremendously

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Interesting video, but what is this guy’s story. It’s obvious it’s in the US. Why is he speaking Russian? Is he trying to sell the machine to the Russian market or post it on Russian YouTube?
    This man emigrated from Ukraine a long time ago. I don’t know what status he has in the USA now (citizenship or green card). In the USA, he also works for an employer (installing swimming pools in private households) and, at the same time, independently using this unit, he fulfills orders from homeowners to remove stumps from cut down trees. In his life before emigrating to the USA, he was neither a film director, nor singers, nor an artist of a light genre, but was a handy man, which was useful to him in the USA. He lived in Ukraine in the city of Kharkov. The last year of his life was connected with the events in Ukraine and he did not post videos on his blog for a whole year. Now he is back in the US.

I will not talk about the Russian language in Ukraine - this is "politics".

I will not talk about selling anything from the USA to Russia now - this is "politics".
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_4x4 View Post
    This man emigrated from Ukraine a long time ago. I don’t know what status he has in the USA now (citizenship or green card). In the USA, he also works for an employer (installing swimming pools in private households) and, at the same time, independently using this unit, he fulfills orders from homeowners to remove stumps from cut down trees. In his life before emigrating to the USA, he was neither a film director, nor singers, nor an artist of a light genre, but was a handy man, which was useful to him in the USA. He lived in Ukraine in the city of Kharkov. The last year of his life was connected with the events in Ukraine and he did not post videos on his blog for a whole year. Now he is back in the US.

I will not talk about the Russian language in Ukraine - this is "politics".

I will not talk about selling anything from the USA to Russia now - this is "politics".
    I watched a couple of his videos and commented, asking why he didn’t have English subtitles. He responded that it was for a Russian audience and I wouldn’t understand the jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    ... He responded that it was for a Russian audience and I wouldn’t understand the jokes.
    Funny joke. Not evil.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford here a discussion on the "linguistic theme" - for this is "politics".

But, if you like, a test for a sense of humor:

"In the street, past the pub, an Irishman was walking"
    Last edited by Alex_4x4; 03-26-2023 at 06:42 AM.
    Viam supervadet vadens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123