Thread: I've Never Seen Anything Like This California Blizzard Disaster

I've Never Seen Anything Like This California Blizzard Disaster

I've Never Seen Anything Like This California Blizzard Disaster

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

oh wah, wah wah......

15 - 20 years of "drought" and they have no memory. Or they bought into "climate change" where the world is really getting warmer.... They moved up into the mountains because it was so nice and pretty with a good climate, at least the last 15 - 20 years. Maybe they should remember it's the Cascade and Sierra Nevada Mountains. Was just coming back home from Washington along the east side of those mountains {I know better than to travel through the mountains this time of year] and you should have heard the truckers and other idiots whining and sniveling because I-80 was closed before, through and west of Donner pass. Why they never heard of such a thing...!!!! Perhaps they never heard of why Donner Pass is named that. Had one idiot checking into the same motel in Hawthorne as I was who was astounded there were stretches of roads with as much as 140 miles between gas stations. He didn't even know the snow plows didn't take it down to bare dry pavement. But then he was going north to Seatle and was riding a motorcyle (dirt bike type) with a two gallon tank and, maybe, a 90 mile range.

He was thinking of going over the mountains to go up I-5. I told him his best chance of living was to rent a Uhaul truck to put the bike in and drive to Washington staying on the east side of the mountais to the Columbia River then go west on I-84 to Portland then north on I-5. I also suggested if he goes over Donner and gets snowbound and has to resort to cannabalism to eat healthy by going for vegans....they're grass fed........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Larry, enjoyed the post. Experienced a lot of the areas your discussing over the Years. Even Remember when Hawthorne still had all the Old Warehouses, Billeting, and Administrative buildings before they were all knocked down at the Base. Used to have a couple Dozen 14" and 16" Naval Gun Barrels on Wooden Chocks out there too. Any trip across the Mountains to California through (Fill in the Blank) passes was iffy and potentially dangerous November to May back then too.

In the 1950s early 1980's The USMC's Mountain Warfare Training Center (Just down from the Sonora Pass) was all Quonset huts. Prior to the last 20 or so year dry/warm cycle; during the winters the Marines had to dig Snow Tunnels between the Billeting, Office, and Mess Quonset Huts because the snow was way over the top of the Quonset Huts.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Weather yes it happens even in CA, there’s a reason CA has what is now called a DELTA and it’s big and drains all of NorCal. & the Sierra’s . Only a surprise to those who’s history started ten years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    Too funny, by the way Sierra Nevada is Spanish for Snowed Mountain.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Buddy

The presenter of the video is a self-professed master of self promotion of his company and its website for listing and selling diesel powered vehicles. He won't let a good blog subject go to waste.

And as the others have stated, if Dave hasn't seen snow like that before, he's just too young.

Noah

Boolit Master

Hey! What's all that white sutff?

LO, Native Floridian
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I remember the runoff from the 2010/2011 snowpack in the Northern Rockies. Drove out to Spokane and was wowed by the Yellowstone river running brim full in late June. The Pend Oreille River in N.E. Washington State was charging along too. The Missouri was flooding as well and Fort Lincoln State Park was closed near Bismarck where I had planned to camp. That runoff in the Northern Sierras will be spectacular and will move a lot of gold around in the streams.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    No worries, The Cajun Navy is up there saving folks.

The only time I ever got frostbite on my feet was in 1960-something in the Coast Foothills of Ventura County California. They get snow in the upper elevations annually, although not too much, usually. I was hiking and camping one weekend after a light snowfall, but had failed to bring adequate cold weather gear. The Boy Scouts used to promote the idea that a layer of newspaper was good for insulation, but THAT IS A LIE!

My hometown of Oxnard, CA has a lot of nice beachfront property. Sonny and Cher used to own a house there. Every seven or eight years, there is a big storm out at sea that brings the tidal surge up into the first row of custom homes. Since no one has lived there more than three years, they have no idea that this will happen. The houses get wiped out, later rebuilt, and another new person buys a great piece of beachfront property.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    It's just God's way of saying; "I'm still in charge."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    He didn't even know the snow plows didn't take it down to bare dry pavement. But then he was going north to Seatle and was riding a motorcyle (dirt bike type) with a two gallon tank and, maybe, a 90 mile range.
    I wonder what bike he was riding? I've never heard of a dual sport with a gas tank that small, or mileage that bad. I ride a Kawasaki KLR 650 and it has a 6-gallon tank and gets at least 50 mpg.

The new hip thing among city folks is to ride these smaller, uncomfortable, buzzy dual sport motorcycles on long trips that involve the occasional gravel road.

I just watched a popular youtuber last night reviewing his new toy hauler and he made the comment that he was "in the woods" enjoying nature and he was in a campground that was all paved and you could hear traffic going by constantly on the nearby highway.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    East of Eden - John Steinbeck - 1952, he talks about the California drought cycle, 30 year cycle more or less, drove up Donner Pass many years ago (mid 80's), April(?) but there was snow stacked 30-40 feet high. Lived outside Denver - 8700 feet - lots of people don't understand weather in the high mountains, still see it on I80 in Wyoming, sometimes closes for days, the folks in shorts and T-shorts are not happy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    Hey! What's all that white sutff?

LO, Native Floridian
    Global Warming is the white stuff!

So I got a nice deal on my new truck a bunch of years ago. It is even Camouflage!
    I thought it was white. My Floriduh friend informed me it is really "Extreme Arctic Camouflage!"
    I never knew. I just knew white was cheaper and cooler in the summer.

Lots of new placer gold will be washed into the rivers and streams,only reason to visit. Might get lucky and find a whopper nugget or two, twenty pound nugget not to many years ago on the Touolmne River.

You guys got some good chuckles out of me with this thread, thanks!
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Weather yes it happens even in CA, there’s a reason CA has what is now called a DELTA and it’s big and drains all of NorCal. & the Sierra’s . Only a surprise to those who’s history started ten years ago.
    Tamarack Calif holds the USA and World record for the most snow fall with 451 Inches (37.5 Feet). Yes it does snow in California !

Good Shooting

Lindy

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Buffalo and Oswego are laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Grand Master
    that is global warming for ya
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    dont know anything about California or diesel Dave and his fancy vehicles but all my fruit trees flowered this week and its forecast to go down to 23 tonight with possible snow. just my luck, another year with no peaches, pears, cherries or apples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast