Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've Never Seen Anything Like This California Blizzard Disaster

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Weather yes it happens even in CA, there’s a reason CA has what is now called a DELTA and it’s big and drains all of NorCal. & the Sierra’s . Only a surprise to those who’s history started ten years ago.
    I moved from just outside LA to western Colorado in the summer of 1970. That winter it was 20 below in our area of CO. It snowed in LA that winter.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I wonder what bike he was riding? I've never heard of a dual sport with a gas tank that small, or mileage that bad. I ride a Kawasaki KLR 650 and it has a 6-gallon tank and gets at least 50 mpg.

The new hip thing among city folks is to ride these smaller, uncomfortable, buzzy dual sport motorcycles on long trips that involve the occasional gravel road.

I just watched a popular youtuber last night reviewing his new toy hauler and he made the comment that he was "in the woods" enjoying nature and he was in a campground that was all paved and you could hear traffic going by constantly on the nearby highway.
    I'm not a city person, but I have a CRF250L that I ride around on. It has a 2.1 gallon tank and gets around 60 MPG. With strong wind it uses more fuel. I'd need some extra fuel to make it 140 miles...although I wouldn't set out on a trip that far on that little bike.

Boolit Master
    While this years storms are impressive I would suggest that So, Cal. in 1968 got a truely impressive storm that snuck up on everyone in a time before satelites. Hit a freshly burned area and tried to cover large parts of Glendora in mud, lots of mud. Then some time in the late 50s I believe The Smith, Kalmath and Eel rivers got hit with an unbelievable storm(s). Drve through the area in the summer and you will see high water marked on power pole 1`0 feet in the air 1/2 mile or more from any river. Supposedly a 10,000 year storm. Life magazine had impressive coverage. It really impressed a mid-west teenage boy.

Moderator Emeritus

Winter of 96/97 in Western MN... 128 inches of snow... everyone then was saying they had never seen that but I remember just as bad of winters growing up. This winter is at 90% of that snowfall... difference now is they learned how to handle the drifts better and they use bulldozers to push the snow way out into farmers fields where it acts as a snow fence the next time it snows and blows. Spring of 97 was bad... Minnesota River near me had every bridge covered from the SD Border to New Ulm. Trying to get freight at work became a nightmare with tucks going 300 miles out of the way to find an open bridge to cross. That was the year Grand Forks flooded really bad...

Boolit Grand Master

Someone from government save me! No love for people who cant and wont help themselves especially that grown ass man who starts crying on camera. Grow a pair, Waldo
    Last edited by jonp; 03-25-2023 at 07:57 PM.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This California Blizzard Disaster

These mental giants move to the mountains because it's pretty, without a clue as to what could and will happen, no preparedness for snow, extra food, extra firewood, gas for generator, sled, be it gas powdered or dog powder, large kettle to melt snow for water, snowshoes, warm clothes, battery powered lights, battery powdered radio ?? I have seen over 8' of snow fall in one weekend. If they live, they may learn, now will they remember ??? Prospectors are loving this, this will replenish lots of gold in the streams...
    OH; how I miss living in the mountains...

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    These mental giants move to the mountains because it's pretty, without a clue as to what could and will happen, no preparedness for snow, extra food, extra firewood, gas for generator, sled, be it gas powdered or dog powder, large kettle to melt snow for water, snowshoes, warm clothes, battery powered lights, battery powdered radio ?? I have seen over 8' of snow fall in one weekend. If they live, they may learn, now will they remember ??? Prospectors are loving this, this will replenish lots of gold in the streams...
    OH; how I miss living in the mountains...
    People like you on this forum have me convinced now, for sure and for certain...that God did not create all men equal.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    It's all that hot air they create.
    They have to learn not to look for things to get mad at.
    Mad is bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12