Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, March 11

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, March 11

Good morning all. Here's a message and reminder that will help us through the tough times. Have a safe and blessed day.

What We Need to Know About God’s Will
    by Greg Laurie on Mar 11, 2023

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
    —2 Timothy 3:16

Sometimes people claim that God told them to do a certain thing, yet it directly contradicts what the Bible says. The truth is that God will never contradict what is written in Scripture.

God speaks to us through the Bible, which is why we need to read it every day and memorize it as well. We discover God’s will as we read His Word. David wrote in the Psalms, “The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant” (25:14 NLT).

Of course, God may also speak to us through certain circumstances. But I haven’t based any big decisions in my life on circumstances alone. I have found, however, that when I am in the will of God, things will come together circumstantially. This is what we Christians often refer to as doors opening or closing.

As we learn God’s Word, we will be able to discern whether people are speaking for God when they claim to be. We will find everything we need to know about God in the Bible. And we also need to evaluate everything according to it.

Second Timothy 3:16 tells us, “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right” (NLT).

This is important, because sometimes our emotions get the best of us. Have you ever had a time when fear and anxiety gripped you, but then you corrected it with the Word of God? You reminded yourself of what the Bible says.

The Word of God—not pious platitudes or cute posts on social media—will sustain us in times of difficulty. We need God’s Word in our lives.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today!

Boolit Grand Master

It is equally important to realize what the Scripture is not. It is not a Geology textbook, a History textbook, a Physics textbook, or any other science textbook. You cannot tell the age of the universe by the Bible, and you cannot even meaningfully describe the process of creation, at least as we think of it. It is a practical, useful text showing us the way to God and how to live while we travel along that way.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    When I started my acceptance of Christ I went to a number of sessions at a church. We were discussing what brought us to seek Christ.

There was one couple who told us the Holy Spirit had visited them one night and "flew around their bed". I labeled them "nut jobs". They had "that look"...if you know what I mean.

I side with Wayne on what is in the Bible. It is not a fact filled textbook. The pastor at our church believes the Bible places the age of the universe at about 8000 years....yea...sure. It would be easy for me to dismiss other things our pastor believes and preaches but that would be wrong.

Many unbelievers will take an "error" and use it to question and dismiss almost everything in the Bible.

Some believers will not question anything and wind up looking ignorant or gullible.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Ah words of truth spoken!