Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners

Thread: Seaco 24

Seaco 24

Recently acquired an old Seaco 24. It all seems to work fine except the bottom pour spout. Is there anyone out there familiar with this pot. I have cleaned the excess dross out and put in clean lead. But my limited knowledge of this model I am not sure I have the right shut off rod. I have googled and looked around and I am unable to find a drawing, picture or specs on this part. Also the pour spout details would be helpful in this endeavor of mine.
    I realize I probably have posted this in the wrong section but this is the only area I could start a post.
    Thx for any info you would like to share.
    It is a constitutional obligation to own a gun.

Boolit Buddy

That's a very old pot, the Saeco 24 and the Lyman 61 (I have one) were the same. Parts are all but non-existent. The spout is intergral with the pot. Don't know of diagrams or details for the spout or stop rod. I can post a pic of my stop rod if it will help.

I bypassed the thermostat on mine and wired direct to my PID controller with a probe inserted in the melt for precise temp control.

Pid lead stop

Yes a picture would help. I don't really think I have the wrong stopper but it is one doubt to eliminate. The overall length and length to the shoulders of the stop ?? would help insure this answer. Any suggestions to stop a steady drip would be helpful. I am fairly new at this.

I am in the process of building a PID.
    It is a constitutional obligation to own a gun.