WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: CheyTac M200 - Need Advice

Boolit Buddy

CheyTac M200 - Need Advice

A good friend has a new, in-the-box CheyTac M200 Intervention in 408CheyTac in Kryptek Camouflage with optics and single mag. He's a non-shooter (don't ask) and would like to sell it but neither he nor myself has any experience in selling/buying firearms online, especially something like this. It arrives at his local FFL gun store today, they have offered to sell it on consignment but a fee wasn't discussed. I figure the more exposure it has to buyers the more he could get for it. Is there a site he could post the rifle on that does eBay style auctions? Suggestions?

Often, gun stores put their inventory on sites like Gunbroker or armslist to take their firearms from local to potentially being seen nationwide. Often, the non-local price will end up being more expensive for the buyer, which either makes great money for the store, or encourages prospective owners to visit the store in person to get a discount on their inventory.

I'd say, ask if the store will offer or advertise its sale online.

Also, with regards to the CheyTac Intervention, that thing sure does sound like a midlife crisis impulse purchase. No idea if such a rifle is going to end up being a profit to the previous owner or the store, but I'm certain that whoever purchases it to shoot is going to be more than satisfied.

Boolit Master

Other potential is placing it as a consignment with local Gun Stores, or with something like Cabellas "Gun Library" where they sell and even cross store list a firearm.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! The only one I recognize is Gunbroker, never been to the site but I've heard of it.

Boolit Grand Master

The market for guns the MSRP over 12K is very limited. GunBroker would be my first choice. Also don't ship until payment clears. That includes USPS MO unless cashed at the PO. A friend got burner on fake USPS MO's deposited at the bank.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    When we used the USPS a lot the postmaster at the office told us to not use USPS money orders as they were counterfeited the most.

I'd just let the gun dealer sell it. If he is offering it means he might already have a seller for it. The fee is probably going to be 10-20% so don't choke when they say that. If you sell it then you do all the work and take all the risks.

Boolit Buddy
    There is a thousand yard range nearby. The FFL participates in shoots there and has expressed interest in the rifle, so assuming an offer is made and is acceptable . . . I was going to drive up to look at the thing and see what the hub-bub was about, but a three hour plus round trip and gas at $3.30, eh. Not that interested.