Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for a home for the 22 bench rest bullet trap

A huge difference in frag-size of the little pill Harry, more recoverable lead. (some of you Yankies got pretty good brains!)

I didn't think of that when I built mine, all I was concerned about was blocking the frags from bouncing back out of the tube.

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    That's too bad Harry...I was looking forward to the thread. A great idea...simple to build & now nobody will benefit from Harry's expertise because of a few who soured the thread!

thanks for reposting the pic,looks great to me
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    Charlie one of the members sent this design back in my build thread. This is a really good design, wished we both saw this before we built ours. This is one of those things you just look at what others have done and maybe put your own twist on it seeing as there are no plans on this. This would have been so easy to at the start!!

Armed society is a polite society
    Live A Little Learn A Lot

HARRY, it looks like that design would generate the least amount of tiny slivers & dust.

Not much chance of me pulling mine and remodeling it, I have a little over a ton of various leads and if I loose a small percentage each recycle, it'll outlast me.

Boolit Buddy
    The indoor range I shoot on has angled plates that do what these funnels-into a tube do. Same results; lots of powder. The other indoor range I've used has very large pieces of conveyor belting (6'x8') enclosing crumb rubber. The range officer told us that the lead gathers in chunks of considerable size, with not much dust.

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    The indoor range I shoot on has angled plates that do what these funnels-into a tube do. Same results; lots of powder. The other indoor range I've used has very large pieces of conveyor belting (6'x8') enclosing crumb rubber. The range officer told us that the lead gathers in chunks of considerable size, with not much dust.
    Before I built the steel trap I used a 55 gallon barrel, it'll catch rifle or pistol...I used the crumb type (recycled) rubber in it, it's 2/3's full of that stuff...

The only problem is the clean-out is a lot of work, my brother Manny comes over and helps and it takes a little over an hour or so...

The benefit to the rubber mulch is that there is no powdered lead or small thin fragments, here's a clean-up after about 2 months...

Glad you mentioned this...I may cut a piece of 'stall mat' and see about fitting it to my steel catcher?
    A mat would knock off a lot of speed & energy before it hits the steel.

Boolit Master
    Small deflector makes a lot of sense. I’m going to have a local welder make one, metalworking is not in my wheelhouse!

Boolit Master
    excellent design and build quality. I know it would be impossible to ever to recover bullets from the mountain behind my house unless I had something like that or a big sand pile but it would be impossible to get a dump truck to where my mountain backstop is.

I put together a drum full of rubber mulch, but I wish I'd had the foresight to put it on wheels!
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I put together a drum full of rubber mulch, but I wish I'd had the foresight to put it on wheels!
    "Hindsight - Foresight, if you ain't got wheels you probably got or gonna get...a hernia!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12