RotoMetals2RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Threads

Boolit Master

Zombie Threads

Serious question here... but, If in wrong place, I sure would like it Moved..
    I can Not for the life of me understand sites that admonish, and even Ban users who resurrect an Old Thread..
    I have had a Web Site with a Forum since 1999... I sure don't get concerned to learn that the "Search" function is Useable!!
    I never got any "kick-backs" nor did I Ever Hire any Bosses...Maybe that has something to do with it??
    Sure would Love to Know!!!
    If this is a Bad Subject... maybe it should just be deleted...If I could get an answer via PM...I'm good with that..
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    I can Not for the life of me understand sites that admonish, and even Ban users who resurrect an Old Thread..
    It's their loss.

I see old threads come back up here, and like to see them.
    There's usually great info. in some of them that needs to be brought back up.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

I don't have a problem with it. Sometimes a new practice or product has been introduced that addresses the issue the thread was started for in the first place.

Boolit Grand Master

I was not aware that was an issue. It's not with any of the sites I use. The biggest issue I have is the search function not working very well on lots of sites. If I am looking for information I much prefer to search before asking. I don't care if the answer is 6 months old or 16 years.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-10-2023 at 01:44 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

The only thing I find silly is when a thread has been dead for a decade and someone quotes and replies to a post within it. Especially when someone is seeking advice for a particular problem. I've no doubt at all it's been resolved or the poster has long since moved on.

A general comment about the thread content I've no problem with at all.

It interesting to watch the old threads developed after being revived. It is usually a newer member that has searched for an answer and does not realize the thread has been asleep for some time.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

An hour, a day, a week, a year or a decade; doesn't matter.

I don't have an issue with it. I think it shows that some new members are actually taking advantage of what has been posted in the past. The only problem I have is when they are only restating something that has already been posted in that thread to build their own post count.

Unless it's a thread like, HOW LONG CAN WE KEEP THIS GOING, or THE AVERAGE AGE OF RELOADERS.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

I rather enjoy seeing old threads pop up, I have found often times that they contain obscure knowledge that is useful.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Moderator Emeritus

I am sure glad that isn't the case here.
    Nothing better than waking up an old thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    The only thing I find silly is when a thread has been dead for a decade and someone quotes and replies to a post within it. Especially when someone is seeking advice for a particular problem. I've no doubt at all it's been resolved or the poster has long since moved on.

A general comment about the thread content I've no problem with at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    It interesting to watch the old threads developed after being revived. It is usually a newer member that has searched for an answer and does not realize the thread has been asleep for some time.
    Yes...I agree on the above...and I especially dislike the Post Count BS... I guess I do Not understand the "need" for Bigger Number...
    I also enjoy Newer Info updating an old Thread... I especially echo the "hey, did ya get an Answer to this??? If a Problem....

As long as I'm active, I like to see my old threads come back to life. It may bring a new solution to an old problem.

Boolit Master

It is interesting to re-read some of the old threads and note the names of members we have lost over the years.

I don’t mind old threads at all. I get a kick out of some people for blasting a member for bringing up an old thread, which suggests that he used the search function and at the same time will blast you for not using the search function stating it is has been discussed over and over and to use the search function lol.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Targa View Post
    I don’t mind old threads at all. I get a kick out of some people for blasting a member for bringing up an old thread, which suggests that he used the search function and at the same time will blast you for not using the search function stating it is has been discussed over and over and to use the search function lol.
    Truer words are seldom spoken!!!

I've seen some of my old threads or posts come back around and thought, "I never said that!!" jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Moderator Emeritus

My biggest problem with them is looking at the names of friends who have passed on.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

From my point of view, I think the management could take a little lighter touch on several issues.

I can understand being rough on spammers, especially those with less than a month here.

But over the last 5 years I am seeing a significant drop in the total number of new posts every day.
    It is litorally a third of what it was.

Now its your house, and your rules, and I understand that. But if you WANT people here to post. IMO you need to slap them on the wrist a bit less often.
    Just my opinion. And if you decide to slap me for this post, which was made with all due respect and consideration. Well I won't be back if you do.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    From my point of view, I think the management could take a little lighter touch on several issues.

I can understand being rough on spammers, especially those with less than a month here.

But over the last 5 years I am seeing a significant drop in the total number of new posts every day.

Now its your house, and your rules, and I understand that. But if you WANT people here to post. IMO you need to slap them on the wrist a bit less often.
    Just my opinion. And if you decide to slap me for this post, which was made with all due respect and consideration. Well I won't be back if you do.
    Geeze....No "like" button!!!
    I do belong to a Forum that has Zero...NADA moderation.. it is on Auto Pilot... Things get worked out.. sometimes entertaining, sometimes ya simply skip on by some "stuff"
    but, it always seems to work out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post

From my viewpoint the content posted about on the forum has slipped from what it was years ago. There was a lot of controversy because there was a lot of differing views and a lot of information presented. I'll not elaborate because you either know what I'm referring to or you don't.

Anyway, these days the discussions seem to be rather mundane and repetitive. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast