Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombie Threads

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    From my viewpoint the content posted about on the forum has slipped from what it was years ago. There was a lot of controversy because there was a lot of differing views and a lot of information presented. I'll not elaborate because you either know what I'm referring to or you don't.

Anyway, these days the discussions seem to be rather mundane and repetitive. Just my opinion.
    Technical disagreements provided some of the best knowledge sharing. Another member many years ago stated that this site was blessed with many "giants" respective to casting knowledge. Some have passed, some have been pema-banned and some are no longer active here.

Some of the zombie threads really highly the differences of this site through the years.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-10-2023 at 11:08 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    I see a lot of solid good info and explanations from a certain banned member. 5 river 5 or something? Not to stir the pot, or anything. The guy who "won" that pissing contest is probably still here.

The old threads represent a bank of knowledge for newbies to draw on, and the outstanding ones are made into "stickies". New people joining the Forum consult them for knowhow, learning by the experience of others.

I'm unsure about what you mean that you didn't get any kickbacks or hire any bosses. The money received here from the advertisers at the top of the page go to the person who owns the server. There are no kickbacks that I know of. The Forum's Owner is very selective about who he allows to become a Vendor Sponsor, and is not above rejecting an application or not permitting a renewal. If by bosses you are referring to moderators, if you have none on your Forum it must be a real zoo, as we have had members who insulted each other over the most trivial things. Some of them have been banned, but we have banned no one who brought back an old thread. We value the information contained in our old threads, and value our members who post within the Rules.

DG

Gotdangit, I was looking for Zombies…
    What a misleading thread title….

😜
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Quote Originally Posted by gloob View Post
    I see a lot of solid good info and explanations from a certain banned member. 5 river 5 or something? Not to stir the pot, or anything. The guy who "won" that pissing contest is probably still here.
    There's a very long story that goes along with that member and several others who aren't seen here any longer. I won't elaborate because I am sure I don't know all of it and don't care to. They've all moved along to other forums or occupations. Lot's of knowledge went with them and lots of posturing too. I'll stop commenting because the rest would be opinion and everyone knows all about opinions.

Boolit Buddy

I kinda miss 44man. He was highly opinionated, confrontational, a bit rough around the edges, and a bit of a richard head at times. But his knowledge and experience kept me listening, in spite of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by gloob View Post
    Are you thinking of 5th Fleet?
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Several sites I'm on get right nasty about zombie threads and some close them to further comments when they get posted in. I can't see what difference it makes if it's an old thread of interest or a new thread on the same subject as long as forum members are currently posting in it. What is the problem ?? I have not had anyone here say anything but have been fussed at elsewhere for posting in a several year old thread that had been brought back by someone else and had a bunch of new posts before I posted in it. I don't hunt up and post in threads older than a few months but I also don't look to see when a thread started if it is on the first page either.

Most search functions just flat suck. I have used the one here a few times and I get a list of posts that appear to have nothing to do with what I'm looking for and it's not much different anywhere else.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Southgate View Post
    Several sites I'm on get right nasty about zombie threads and some close them to further comments when they get posted in. I can't see what difference it makes if it's an old thread of interest or a new thread on the same subject as long as forum members are currently posting in it. What is the problem ?? I have not had anyone here say anything but have been fussed at elsewhere for posting in a several year old thread that had been brought back by someone else and had a bunch of new posts before I posted in it. I don't hunt up and post in threads older than a few months but I also don't look to see when a thread started if it is on the first page either.
    Just think what would have happened to the thread, "Let's see how far this goes!" It has been going on for years.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    I don't care how old the information is if I can learn something from it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I don't care how old the information is if I can learn something from it.
    This!!!

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Just think what would have happened to the thread, "Let's see how far this goes!" It has been going on for years.

Several sites I have belonged to have had that type of post , going on for years , still going on and gonna keep going on. They don't seem to have a problem with it.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

When someone yells zombie thread, kinda makes a fella wonder how old a topic needs to be before they feel obligated to chide others.

Uh oh, I didn't check the date on that last post.

The data on cast bullet making and shooting is timeless, someone is always coming up the learning ladder and trying to learn how to do things better. It is good to be able to share what you know or have read about casting and reloading for cast.
    Give you an example, having attended four Ned Roberts shoots, I have interest in Roberts and his contemporary competitor, Harry Pope. They were interesting casters, designers and builders. Pope had an interesting process of loading, he did not crimp his cartridges for hunting or matches, He set his cast bullets in the case , pulled them out over length, then seated them with the lands, he just stuck the cartridge in the chamber then closed the bolt on his Mauser or Springfield.
    They shot string shoots, measured from shot to shot, shortest string at the end of the day won.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    The data on cast bullet making and shooting is timeless, someone is always coming up the learning ladder and trying to learn how to do things better. It is good to be able to share what you know or have read about casting and reloading for cast.
    Give you an example, having attended four Ned Roberts shoots, I have interest in Roberts and his contemporary competitor, Harry Pope. They were interesting casters, designers and builders. Pope had an interesting process of loading, he did not crimp his cartridges for hunting or matches, He set his cast bullets in the case , pulled them out over length, then seated them with the lands, he just stuck the cartridge in the chamber then closed the bolt on his Mauser or Springfield.
    They shot string shoots, measured from shot to shot, shortest string at the end of the day won.
    Called Breech seating I believe... I did not think that Pope invented it...

Boolit Master

There are two times I don't like to see zombie threads resurrected, when the new poster says "I learned from this" without contributing new information or when the new poster says something that is off topic of the original thread.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

I miss 44man's posts too!

I always wanted to see his press set up.
    Last edited by Four-Sixty; 05-04-2023 at 09:20 PM.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    There are two times I don't like to see zombie threads resurrected, when the new poster says "I learned from this" without contributing new information or when the new poster says something that is off topic of the original thread.
    Oh...I find it satisfying if someone found something uselul, and says so... Keeps the search function active also...Good info is Good Info
    BS to up the post count???? Me No Likey
    My Pet Peave?? The same guy that belittles people for Resurrecting a thread, are the Ones who admonish new Questions with "Use The Search Function"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12