WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dating over 50.

Anything a man needs to know about life is available on Cast Boolits.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper9260 View Post
    There is some things that I check on a women before i go anywhere into a relationship with is how they feel and think about guns .

Oh yeah... That was a biggie for me too.
    Early on, I asked Mrs. Winger about her feelings on guns.
    Quick as a cat,,,,, she said, "I want my own".

I told her I thought we'd get along real well.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Meeting women in public is not that easy when you are pretty rural. Closest town has a population of 500 and is known for drugs, etc. My shopping places are about 45 minutes away. I literally go out twice a month with possible one or two other times. The internet was really my only option to find what I was looking for.
    Yep! Unfortunately, the internet dating sites are barren of eligible women in my area as well. I would get literally maybe half a dozen results on Christian Mingle within 50 miles of my home with none remotely attractive. On OK Cupid, it was maybe twice that number and they were ALL liberal/crazy/fat.

After years of dismal results and sick of getting spam emails from them, I would delete my accounts, then create new ones every year or so to just check things out.

My GF had decided to start dating again New Years and created an account on Christian Mingle. She lives 75 miles from me and in a populated area and went on 4 dates in the first month. None were even remotely a match and a couple were laughably bad.

Somehow, my account popped up as a 99% match, despite me having deactivated it a couple of months prior. She instantly remembered me from school as always a kind and funny guy. She sent me a message and naturally I didn't get it.

After a week of no response, she found me on Facebook and sent me a friend request. I instantly remembered her as the cute little blond that was one of the nerds and had boundless energy. I accepted and we began chatting. Then calling, then met for our first date.

We quickly realized just how perfect of a match we were. We joked that we might be related since our likes and dislikes are so similar.

But, she loves Reuben sandwiches and I don't. Her 4Runner is maroon and mine is white, so some differences, ha!

I had finally accepted being single when she reached out to me. My father had suffered a stroke a couple of weeks prior, so I was busy dealing with his affairs.

She lost both of her parents a few years prior to dementia and was very knowledgeable about the processes and options. She has been invaluable as a sounding board and advisor these past couple of months. She's got a tween daughter that is frustrating, and I raised a frustrating daughter of my own. I truly believe God brought us together to help us both through life's storms.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    On OK Cupid, it was maybe twice that number and they were ALL liberal/crazy/fat.
    I wish you well.

That reminds me of one of the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) sites/youtube channels.
    One guy would post 'dating profiles of the day' on his show, then talk and compare men's profiles to them while trying not to laugh.
    He'd also do screen shots of the responses they got.

Typical things would be:
    Woman's requirements:
    Must be over 6', earn 6 figures, be generous, athletic, like to travel & stay in nice resort hotels, and accept me the way I am.

Man's requirements: Don't be fat.
    -----And they would get buried in hate mail, and called every thing but a good looking, hard working guy.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 03-10-2023 at 11:54 PM.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master
    I am also blessed to have a very good relationship with my wife for over 44 years. She was 18 and I was 20 when we met - the sparks were immediate (and remain to this day). We don't take it for granted and still express our feelings to each other daily. Several of our mutual friends from those early days are also still married - basically a group of boys who were friends paired off with a group of girls in a similar vein, then each couple married and carved out their own lives together.

We have discussed what the other should do when one passes away, and the answer may well depend on age. In our 60's, either one of us might well try to begin a new relationship - but not so much if it happens in our 80's. My mom buried two husbands then had a guy chasing her when she was 83 (he was 84) but she said it was too late - why would she try to take care of someone else when she couldn't take care of herself?

Of course, everyone is different. I have heard all sorts of horror stories surrounding both divorces and bad marriages so I'm not going to judge anyone else.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, this is an interesting thread. I don't have the "stories" many of you have. I met my wife when I was a senior in HS, she was a Junior in two different towns. Got married when I was 19, she was 18. It will be 50 years next August. She has always been a beautiful person in appearance and her life. We both accepted Christ which completely changed our lives, she was 25, I was 26. Now almost 50 years later we kid each other about what the other will do when one is gone. I have two good friends who both lost wives and always kidder her that I wouldn't be gone a week before one of these guys would be calling. One has since remarried.

I am completely helpless around the house. I have never cooked and with the help of youtube I could probably do laundry. We have all other duties divided up and it just works. I could never even imagine talking to another person much less being intimate. We will be driving and just jokingly talk about what exploring the sexual interests of a different person is beyond foreign.

My wife has said that any guy coming around would have to meet her standards of being a Born Again Believer dedicated to the gospel, someone who can use all of my power tools properly, and have their own money. We laugh about it after we say yuck. I am retired from education and very active in our church, have been around a lot of females. I honestly can say I have never met anyone else I would ever consider marrying should something happen. Maybe I am not really looking and of course I have no needs right now.

So you guys are really scaring me but not surprising me. We have a son who is 43, married and divorced and said the dating game is about as many have described in this thread. Depressing.

Boolit Master

I did not get married till I was 36. I am still married to that wonderful woman. I tell my friends and my wife that I am on my first and only marriage. I have a very good thing with my wife and if something were to happen that I found myself single at 62 I don't see being able to find that again.

My Much Better Half and I met on June 13th 1987. We married on New Year’s Eve after six months of dating.
    So far, so good!
    God sent an angel to keep me in line and I’m smart enough to realize it. And I thank HIM daily for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    I was 37 when I got married to the wonderful woman that puts up with me. That was almost 32 years ago. We both had given up on finding anyone special and as George Strait sings "Then out of the blue clear sky" we got together. Can't imagine life without her.

Boolit Master
    Married my wife in '88 and wouldn't change a thing so no wisdom to offer. Only reason for posting is to offer this is one of the better threads I've came across on Cast Boolits in the nearly 20 years I've been here. Interesting that without going through any later in life changes of circumstance, simply 35 years of marriage itself coupled with living life and watching others over the same timeframe validates just about everything posted here. So for those reasons I agree with an earlier comment that possibly a younger man could read the entire thread and be unable to benefit from it.

Dating over 50 -- at the same time? If over 50 yrs old, is it still dating?
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Dating over 50 -- at the same time? If over 50 yrs old, is it still dating?
    Sure. I never really understood it,,,,, but I've heard 50 is the new 30.

Maybe it works like something my Dad said one time.
    I think I was in my 40s and he mentioned he was having some new aches & pains.
    He said he was thinking about going in and have his odometer rolled back 20-30 years.

EVERYONE!

Boolit Master
    Imagine again how you felt when you were going through your divorce. I do that every time I think I need to start dating again. And decide that I really don’t want a woman in my life. Being single is very enjoyable for me.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

sorry but i just can not comment on topic because i am 76 + married to the same lady for 57 years -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Yeah, the women folk are not all they're cracked up to be often. I am happy enough though with mine after nearly 40 years of marriage. I have learned to enjoy making her happy.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Master

I recently found 2 women that are showing some interest in me.
    They both would be my cougars.
    One in 86 the other is 88.
    I`m 81.

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    One in 86 the other is 88.
    I`m 81.
    Don't forget to check out their Mom's to see what they'll look like when they get older.

EVERYONE!

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Don't forget to check out their Mom's to see what they'll look like when they get older.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Bub
    Hello:
    Why date over 50 ?
    Why not push yer luck and DATE UNDER 50
    I didnt say that but sure typed it MY BAD
    Im not a contender im still married to the first gal 48 yrs going strong.
    You all just might get me killed with this line of thought
    Head Shot

Boolit Master
    Lesson 1 in real life: Everything is a compromise. Perfection is an idea - it doesn't exist on earth. You always "settle." Your car didn't have the perfect feature set, it wasn't reliable enough, or it was too expensive. Your favorite dog chewed holes in everything, had weird allergies, or slobbered water all over the floor every time he drank.

That's life. Everything is always a compromise. You have to decide what compromises you are willing to accept and which ones you are not. The corollary to that is that "somebody willing to put up with you" is an important piece of that compromise. "What hill do you die on?" is an important question for yourself. If the answer is "All of them." ... Well, I hope you are happy dying on that hill all alone.

The next reality is that "The good ones" don't stay on the market long.

I got married late. In the process of dealing with my own problems and failures, I realized that I got along a much better with somebody easy going. I also realized that I can't fix anybody or make them happy. Contentment comes from within. It's a decision we make, just like deciding whether or not that hill is worth dying on. With that knowledge of what specific things were non-negotiable, I was then able to make actual headway via flexibility on everything else. It worked. We've been married 20 years. It hasn't all been easy, but we started off with a good foundation.
    Last edited by truckjohn; 03-15-2023 at 11:15 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast