RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data

Thread: MP Molds is FAST!

MP Molds is FAST!

I ordered an MP 452-200 4 cavity brass mold (with the tinker set of pins) on Sun, Mar 5 at 10:29 PM. I received this mold today at about noon.

It's awesome looking - I can't wait to make some boolits with it.

But... How do they get a mold from Lukovica, Slovenija to Nashville, Indiana that fast???
    WWG1WGA

That is fast!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    …How do they get a mold from Lukovica, Slovenija to Nashville, Indiana that fast???
    If that wasn’t just a rhetorical question, I’d guess Miha has a DHL office close to his shop. But one other thing may explain it better: my impression is that, on MP’s website, unlike other small shops that produce molds as they’re requested, you can only order from stock on hand, which makes it easy to grab an order off the shelf and send it out ASAP. The last time I checked, it didn’t seem possible to back order a MP mold. So you get what he has quickly, otherwise you might wait until whenever Miha sees fit to run a batch of the molds you want.

Boolit Master
    But... How do they get a mold from Lukovica, Slovenija to Nashville, Indiana that fast???
    If you think that is impressive I imported a vintage computer from Japan a few years back. Ordered the computer around midnight on a Sunday. Computer was sitting up at my Receptionist's desk Monday afternoon. DHL is beyond fast. They basically have planes departing every few hours from every country they do business in. They're a little more expensive. But well worth the cost when compared to Fedex, UPS, or USPS.

As for the MP mold, Mihec does great work. I hold his molds a full tier higher than NOE. That's not to say I don't like NOE molds, I do. But MP molds are the equivalent of riding in a Cadillac if you only ever rode in a Honda. If you haven't used one before, you're in for a treat.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Grand Master

Perhaps the mold was already in the country. I used to work for a company that had products made in Italy, but the company kept a small inventory in Los Angeles. Anyway, you got your mold fast, cool!
    My Anchor is holding fast!

I ordered an MP 452-200 4 cavity brass mold (with the tinker set of pins) on Sun, Mar 5 at 10:29 PM. I received this mold today at about noon.

It's awesome looking - I can't wait to make some boolits with it.

What kind of handles do they use?

ACC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Perhaps the mold was already in the country. I used to work for a company that had products made in Italy, but the company kept a small inventory in Los Angeles. Anyway, you got your mold fast, cool!
    Doubt it. Mihec is a one man show, at least to my knowledge. He used to frequent the group buy section quite a bit. But I think he mostly stays hooked up these days.
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post

ACC
    All of mine used Lee 6-Cav handles.

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post

ACC
    Just the regular Lee ones...
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Master
    That mold was definitely off the shelf. There are some of us that waited 2 years for a mold and never got it…

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Mihec is a one man show, at least to my knowledge.
    I believe it's him and his son. No data on whether they have any others working with them.

Boolit Mold
    I have ordered 3 brass molds from M-P. The longest wait time was 4 days from ordering to my mailbox. From his business in Slovenia! I am very impressed! P.S.The molds are perfect and cast beautifully.

You are going to love his molds and they are the easiest hp mold to use. Just remember to cast hitter for hollow points.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by openbook View Post
    I believe it's him and his son. No data on whether they have any others working with them.
    That may be true, I didn't know he had a son. But, I suspect like many of us he probably employs the labor of his offspring if he does. I always utilized my boy to help me out!

Mihec always ships quickly. I've moved from all my old molds to his.

Boolit Master

It took only 4 days for mine to arrive in N. E. Ohio too. Lightning fast service. It took 7 days to get my order from Midway! Go figure....