Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $230 Hi point 10mm auto

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    This may sound strange, but I would like to see HP come out with a mid-size .380 about the size of the S&W EZ. The slide could be alot smaller because it's a .380 and a longer barrel would add velocity.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I got one of the trainers!

That is downright funny! I have to compliment you, Sir, on your sense of humor!

DG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I just saw a shop not too far from me has new Hi point semi autos in stock and there are lots $229, in 380, 9mm and 10mm. has anyone got opinions on these?
    I wouldn't mind having a brand new 10 shot semi auto with about 5" barrel that will shoot a 165 grain gold dot hand load at 1300 fps for about $250 out the door.
    I bought one a while back in .45 - Making for a great hammer.. Pounds nails like crazy, as far as shooting it, not so good ????

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    …..I assisted our forensic techs in test firing when they came in as evidence, but they've dropped to nearly zero in favor of the Polymer 80% and other Gen 3 Glock clones…..
    Just curious, are you saying A LOT of polymer 80% ers are now showing up as criminally used weapons?

Thats what I was wondering, given that unfortunately there are a fair number of private sellers who don't ask questions. A big problem here is people who intentionally buy guns for resale and sell at swap meets and flea markets. ATF does in fact watch these places but these folks are very good at what they do and know how not to attract attention. They also know how to advertise on online marketplaces without getting deleted. We have placed many of them on the no sale list at my side job shop.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Caveat (As far as I know....) in most states it's still legal to make private transactions in firearms. Not here in Oregon, where all sales must go through an FFL. But in other places a citizen may make an "occasional sale of a personal firearm" to another person. Also, a private citizen can sell off his personal collection which may be a lot of firearms over a relatively short period of time. Like I indicated, this may not be true in some states, but as far as I know it's still the rule in most states.

DG

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    Just curious, are you saying A LOT of polymer 80% ers are now showing up as criminally used weapons?
    Yes, that's exactly what he's saying.

All the little gangbanger homies around these parts run around with some kind of P80 Glock clone stuffed in their saggy pants. They're everywhere.

They either order the all the parts and crank them out themselves with a hand drill, or they buy them from guys that mass-build them and re-sell under the table. And yes, NM has "Universal" Background Checks, but only the honest people pay any attention to that law.

Why screw with straw purchases or stealing **** when 10 minutes on the internet and a couple hundred in drug sale profits gets you a DIY G19 delivered to your door with minimal paper trail?
    Last edited by kerplode; 03-29-2023 at 12:39 PM.

I'll have to ask one of my cop customers about what they are taking off the street these days. For better or worse, the casual gun market is quite robust here and I suspect that is the main source for those who can't buy retail. Also, alot of folks get hard up for money and sell guns privately. Why take a fraction of the value from a pawn shop when somebody is offering you full retail or even more in cash?

This is the second Hi Point C9 I have owned; replacement by the factory for one I had previously. The sights are good, better than some of the more expensive guns I own. The pinned barrel yields very good accuracy, and the weight of the slide decreases recoil considerably. The grips fit my rather small hands well and the trigger, while not wonderful is adequate. It was good enough I bought one for my Daughter's BF for Christmas.

Any function problems I have had can be traced to my handloads, as far as I can tell. It runs like a top on factory 9mm ammo.

Wayne

PS: I somehow can't bring myself to buy a pistol with the name "Yeet Cannon." Just personal preference.
    Last edited by WRideout; 03-31-2023 at 01:00 PM. Reason: additional comments
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12